North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Van Steensel - Wakely - Therrien
Ertel - Arnsby - Vilmanis
Pazii - Procyszyn - Cooke
Laird - Richter - Amidovski

Kennedy - Nelson
Mathurin - Christopoulos
Ride - Leblanc

McIvor
Larocque

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Who was that team that was wearing the Battalion Jersey's last night ? Sure wasn't the same team that was here. They must have forgot to get off the bus. The only one smiling after that was Abbott himself, he'll get more money for another gate receipt for game 5.

• Haha
Reactions: dirty12

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Who was that team that was wearing the Battalion Jersey's last night ? Sure wasn't the same team that was here. They must have forgot to get off the bus. The only one smiling after that was Abbott himself, he'll get more money for another gate receipt for game 5.

OK Donald!! The fix is on.

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Romani and Dom both listed as day to day, of course word is Romani is looking more week to week but I’m incredibly uninformed. Anyone know the status of A.Leblanc? Was producing at nearly a ppg before going down. Would be a huge boost on that 3rd line.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Romani and Dom both listed as day to day, of course word is Romani is looking more week to week but I’m incredibly uninformed. Anyone know the status of A.Leblanc? Was producing at nearly a ppg before going down. Would be a huge boost on that 3rd line.
Shoulder injury, was in a sling but last home game you could see him pounding on the glass in the corner when we scored.
Hopefully he is getting close, would be a huge boost for sure.

Reactions: yacky

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Game 4 Troop fans. Let’s hope we come out flying.
1712173324288.png

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...forarm to the chest..guess that is now not allowed....slashing to the leg is ok...Christopolous and Frontz player sword fighting ,,,no call...

Reactions: Poster man

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
not even penalty hands to chest, he was not targeting head , IMO
Gonna remind you that the 5 minute he took before was on hemstrom, this one again on hemstrom and he leaves on a stretcher.

Absolutely he had malicious intent and they should’ve suspended him to begin with.

Now this will be a long one. Probably 4 or 5 games since it’s the playoffs but pretty clear he has been targeting hemstrom the whole series.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Gonna remind you that the 5 minute he took before was on hemstrom, this one again on hemstrom and he leaves on a stretcher.

Absolutely he had malicious intent and they should’ve suspended him to begin with.

Now this will be a long one. Probably 4 or 5 games since it’s the playoffs but pretty clear he has been targeting hemstrom the whole series.
Watch the replay of that 1st hit back

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Tough to tell from the video but the way Hemstroms head snaps back it definitely appeared he got some partial head contact.
I would say he's looking at around 2 games as Hemstrom is in a vulnerable position and Arnsby follows through with a questionable hit.
I heard Hemstrom needed several stiches to his face from the elbow.

1712233025138.png

Last edited:

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Tough to tell from the video but the way Hemstroms head snaps back it definitely appeared he got some partial head contact.
I would say he's looking at around 2 games as Hemstrom is in a vulnerable position and Arnsby follows through with a questionable hit.
I'm heard Hemstrom needed several stiches to his face from the elbow.

View attachment 845852
Yeah, two games makes sense to me, I definitely thought the first 5 & a game was an overreaction but this one was the correct call. Hopefully the Battalion can wrap it up tomorrow and start healing up for the next round.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Yeah, two games makes sense to me, I definitely thought the first 5 & a game was an overreaction but this one was the correct call. Hopefully the Battalion can wrap it up tomorrow and start healing up for the next round.
I'm not sure the refs would have even called a penalty if Hemmy didn't leave on a stretcher to be honest the way they were letting some things go.
I've seen 3 different angles and not 1 has a conclusive view of head contact which i guess could also lead to an overturn.

JRHockeyBUZZZ

Mar 28, 2024

Rumor from a source close to Kingston has said 5-6 games.

Awaiting official confirmation from the league obviously

O fan

Dec 9, 2019
Everyone hopes #90 is OK

Saturday Kingston watches him lay on ice for minutes then have him return to play. No call during the action but officials make the call based on the outcome and "video review". No concussion protocol, must be acceptable to lay on the ice for minutes to get the call.

Wednesday #90 drives net with puck and head down and gets separated from the puck by a body check. Refs don't raise their arms and even Kingston announcers say "clean hit". Again based on the outcome and "video review" how does the OHL justify a suspension for body checking.

If the player should have been in concussion protocol that's on Kingston.
Easier for the OHL to blame the event on a NB player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad