North Bay Battalion 2021-2022 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Damn very winnable game we were the better team for sure. Their D are weak and like to turn it over. Props to 24th ranked goalie in North America thrown into the lions den mid playoff game and proceed to make many nice stops including a scorpion kick save that should make its way to highlight reels.

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
Ive said it before and after these 2 games I’ll say it again, Shane Wright will disappoint whoever takes him 1st overall
I think it depends on your expectations when drafting him. If you think you are getting McDavid, crosby or mathews you are correct. If you think you are getting Eric staal, toews, kopitar Getzlaf,, your avatar, or for us old guys with Habs having a good chance of getting him, lemaire or carboneau, you will be OK. Of course none of the guys I mentioned in the second group went #1.

I think based on the style he plays he will be a good pro and can be a number #1 center on a cup contender that goes 2 lines deep and a great scoring winger

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Gotta give credit where credit is due - you guys have a lot more depth than I thought coming in to the series. All I had really seen of the Battalion where the two games played in Kingston back in November, and in those games it was your top 4 forwards dominating - Jackson had 5 of the 10 goals scored in Kingston this year, with Petrov/Russell combining for another 3 and Coe having 5 assists, but you've got some nice pieces lower in the lineup in Van Steensel and Wakely.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
WOW. Dom D gets the start tonight. Interesting!

Wakely up to the 3rd switching places with Pod is the only other change to the lineup.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Lovely pass from Lukin to 40 goal scorer Chromiak in the slot. Not sure why he’s out there against him?? Awful

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Can one of you Battalion fans please tell me what Kingston did to Kyle Jackson? He's now at 8 goals in 3 games in Kingston, plus he made a brilliant defensive play on Chromiak in the first that would've made the game 3-0...

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Outwater got his bacon saved by a surprise review after turning if over a couple times at the blueline…
Nice shot on his goal though, heavy with a good release. Definite potential there!

Reactions: View from section 9

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
OO's progression this year has been steady...playing his best hockey....sneaky speed......
In terms of raw tools hes our best 1st round pick in a long while. The runway could be long for him but hope to see it more consistently put together by next year. Gets to high end speed very fast for a guy thats 6 foot 3

EDIT: do not include Nelson. Brain fart by me. I’m including group of Coe, schleuting, arnsby!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Have we seen the last of Cam Gauvreau? Will he go the same way as Thompson, Mayotte, Hollett this summer? IMO he's better than Lukin but can't get in the lineup. Management must have no confidence in him!

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Re: Matvey Petrov

Unfortunately for us, he might have played his way out of junior hockey. I think EDM will give him every opportunity to play pro somewhere next season.
Screenshot_20220511-162705~2.png

That's his stat line this far. If he can't play defense in the OHL on a team that is 6-1 in the playoffs while he carries a -8 he isn't ready for pro at any level???
The guy can score but........

Have we seen the last of Cam Gauvreau? Will he go the same way as Thompson, Mayotte, Hollett this summer? IMO he's better than Lukin but can't get in the lineup. Management must have no confidence in him!
Likely yes I'd say unless one of the returning 5 ahead of him for next seasons depth chart gets moved. They should have Kennedy as #6, he's been decent when called upon this year.

Reactions: Uncle

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
This has been Christopolous' best game in the O so far. Carrying the puck with confidence. Showing some puck handling prowess and taking it into the paint.

I don't know what it is, but Kingston's game just lacks cohesion and structure for the most part. It's allowing our guys to force easy turnovers and counter with numbers. They've got talented players, but they don't seem to be at their best.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Made it closer than it needed. Great game until last few minutes! Big win.
Lineup stays the same Saturday!
Gauvreau made plays and moved well. Especially when compared to his counterpart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad