North Bay Battalion 2021-2022 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Seriously...was anyone blown away by Shane Wrights play? Is this the player you want to build your NHL ream around?

Reactions: Rounder8

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Dogs fan chiming in wondering if your club has any injuries coming into this series? Heard Coe might be out but it’s likely an illness?

Dogs we’re missing Staios (shoulder/arm), Mysak (shoulder) and Duarte (undisclosed) toward the tail end of the series with the Steelheads.

Apparently Staios is closest to returning of the three which would be huge as he anchors the PP unit and is a threat on the backend whenever he is on the ice.

Mysak was in a sling but shed it recently according to a post on our board. Not sure if we see him at some point in the series. Didn’t think he was having a strong playoff before his injury, however he still is a dangerous player.

Duarte, have no idea what happened to him. Seem fine after game 2 versus the Steelheads but was missing for games 3 & 4. Good energy guy - bottom 6 type, but we have pretty good depth so not a glaring loss.

Looking forward to a good series. Going to be tough, easily the best opponents the Dogs have and will face this playoff regardless. Bulldogs better be prepared as I can certainly see this one going more than the 4 game sweeps they previously had.

I think the winner of this series wins the Championship.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Seriously...was anyone blown away by Shane Wrights play? Is this the player you want to build your NHL ream around?
A quiet player, didn’t stand out for me. Mostly noticed him defensively. Not what I would want for a 1st overall pick though I’m sure he will have a solid NHL career.

Reactions: three dog night

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Idk what they could have done; trade Soto or Ludwinski for …? I don’t believe Thompson added enough WAR.
A trade for Tynan? No.
Drop Peric for nothing, then start a bidding war for Guzda? Ok if it does not upset the room/willingness of future recruits to report; but, I think it was win or lose with highly rated import G.

trading all those picks for roger sure wasnt an answer, theres a reason why he was a 6d in london

Reactions: Uncle

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
The last time the Battalion made it to the third round they were gone in five to Guelph. Unless the hockey gods have other ideas, the general opinion seems to be that history will repeat itself vs Hamilton.
If that happens, the regular season showed that it’s not the offense that will sink them - the Troops have enough skilled forwards that can put the puck in the net - it’s the back end. The old-timers in my section often shake their heads when the d make dangerous pass-out mistakes - or are out of position, allowing opposing players time and space in front of the goal. Add to that a number-one goalie who has not been consistent; outstanding in some games - weak in others. Just one s.t.h.’s opinion.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Agreed re: D-group and goalie, never more evident than in the last couple of minutes Game 5 vs. KGN. Hopefully the scoring will hold up, HAM’s goalie is a 3 time winner of Goalie-of-the-Week and I believe their D-group is pretty stout.

Just to set the record straight, the last time the team went to the conference final (i.e.: 3rd round) it was a 6 game loss to OSH (Memorial Cup winner) in ’15. The previous year the 5 game loss was to GUE in the league final (4th round). Think about that, sports fans – 37GP across 7 rounds of playoffs in the first 2 years. Amazing.

Reactions: dirty12

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
This team has far exceeded my expectations for this season. From worst in the entire CHL to final 4 in OHL. We have 9 rookies playing regular minutes including 3 on D. Blaming the D for the final minute meltdowns? I don't think so!! This season is a total success IMO. Hamilton's lineup is loaded.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Amazing season thus far for the Troops. They have far exceeded my expectations for such a young group. While we're still playing I do not have any unrealistic predictions for the next round vs a loaded Hamilton team.
Our success should come over the next two years with the vast majority of our core being around for 1 if not both seasons.
Great work Adam Dennis and of course th scouts and coaching staff. Also, whoever found the "new" Sarge, well done, this person doing it has been phenomenal of late.

Go Troops Go :thumbu:

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Amazing season thus far for the Troops. They have far exceeded my expectations for such a young group. While we're still playing I do not have any unrealistic predictions for the next round vs a loaded Hamilton team.
Our success should come over the next two years with the vast majority of our core being around for 1 if not both seasons.
Great work Adam Dennis and of course th scouts and coaching staff. Also, whoever found the "new" Sarge, well done, this person doing it has been phenomenal of late.

Go Troops Go :thumbu:
...a Sarge who can skate.......finally.......evokes character......

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
christop with mathurin starting, so likely no Ladd... vrbetic start

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
love your captain taking retaliatory penalties against a powerhouse team in conference finals

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Sure hurts not having our two most physical D in Ladd and Lukin out. The replacements played well enough but we need some physicality to have a chance.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
If this is the end of the line for the Troops the fans enjoyed watching a good team have a good season. Lord knows we've seen a lot worse. They have nothing to lose now so it would be a treat to see the P-J-C line play again with DD in goal. There's no shame losing to a stronger team - all you can do is play hard.

Reactions: Samee987 and Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Sure hurts not having our two most physical D in Ladd and Lukin out. The replacements played well enough but we need some physicality to have a chance.
Lukin is constantly exposed, cant imagine it better against the best team in the league. Ladd I agree with, unfortunate.

DDV starts next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad