North Bay Battalion 2021-2022 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
No Vierling, no Guzda and no Del Monte today it seems for the Colts. Barrie still wins 4-2 and dominate physically just like we used to do to them in the glory days.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Mcdonald 5 game suspension due back april 15th wow. Refs called nothing on a play worth 5 games! Interesting

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
GensUpdates:

Just re-watched NB / MIS from Sunday. Early 3rd, Sharpe is skating towards boards in his end to left of goal, McD right behind, Sharpe’s skates on goal line and has passed the puck when McDonald shoves him from behind, launches Sharpe into boards, difficult to tell if head or shoulder made first contact. No penalty. Closer referee appeared to have goal, goalie and a defender between him and incident. Officials conferred briefly at centre ice, decision: play on. My guess is somewhere between 2 and 5.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Romani and Sima’s development continues to impress me. Hopefully an off-season of development and a mental reset helps Outwater. I remember being very surprised with his passing ability during training camp, not sure what went wrong but I still have hope.

Cardwell with 2 very fluke goals.

Ty Nelson showed his youth today with multiple turnovers.

Mathurin returning to form as a steady D man that can jump into the rush.

1 Jackson goal away from having 5 30 goal scorers.

Arnsby’s best game since returning from injury. Wonder if he’s being holding himself back after suffering multiple injuries.

Lukin’s regression continues. An off-season with a skating coach may go a long way.

Had high hopes for the Christopoulos twins. With Alex trader and Paul’s development seemingly stalled I guess I was wrong.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Romani and Sima’s development continues to impress me. Hopefully an off-season of development and a mental reset helps Outwater. I remember being very surprised with his passing ability during training camp, not sure what went wrong but I still have hope.

Cardwell with 2 very fluke goals.

Ty Nelson showed his youth today with multiple turnovers.

Mathurin returning to form as a steady D man that can jump into the rush.

1 Jackson goal away from having 5 30 goal scorers.

Arnsby’s best game since returning from injury. Wonder if he’s being holding himself back after suffering multiple injuries.

Lukin’s regression continues. An off-season with a skating coach may go a long way.

Had high hopes for the Christopoulos twins. With Alex trader and Paul’s development seemingly stalled I guess I was wrong.
Tough one for Nelson agreed. Vansteensel Arnsby Wakely will be a great 2nd line next year, seemed to really feed of eachothers energy - thats the hardest ive seen wakely skate this year!

Only losing Ladd next year, Paul C has been a very solid dman but agreed hoped for more, hes a good plug and play that can play up and down though

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Tough one for Nelson agreed. Vansteensel Arnsby Wakely will be a great 2nd line next year, seemed to really feed of eachothers energy - thats the hardest ive seen wakely skate this year!

Only losing Ladd next year, Paul C has been a very solid dman but agreed hoped for more, hes a good plug and play that can play up and down though

The plug you are referring to is called Lukin!

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Not a terrible idea to have some someone show Chritopoloulos how to get those slap shots on net or even the general area around the net

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
3 on 3 overtime should be Coe bread and butter with size speed and skill. Instead goes ghost mode limp making it a 3 on 2.

Good games from Wakely and Outwater who skated with the puck more than I’ve ever seen him. He sure can skate and hopefully he sees how much room he can make for himself with the puck when doing so!

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
When the game / division was on the line, A. Lukin didn't see the ice for the last 1/2 - 2/3 of the 3rd period. Will Cam Gauvreau get a sniff in the last few games? D-Wake has a goal in each of the last 3 games after going 9 in a row without. This coincides with his return to RW (2nd line) after many games as C (4th line). Coincidence? I think not.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Lukin is going to be a rock back on D next year. ..now..not so much....let him loose and be allowed to hit, ...I know it is Branch's style to penalize aggression and size....

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Although this season’s edition of the Battalion is a good team that deserves better attendance, the schedule’s regular Thursday night games for NB are always lower numbers because it’s a school night. Parents with younger children don’t like to get home and have to get things ready for the next day at a later time than usual. This was illustrated in last week’s 2,070 attendance on Thursday and then 2,598 on the following Sunday afternoon. Friday nights would be the ideal time for home games but the schedule can’t give every team that night so apparently the league goes by seniority, which is why Sudbury always has that date. For a small market like NB, it would help the Battalion budget if the league would at least give every team some Fridays.

Reactions: The Green Tank

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Although this season’s edition of the Battalion is a good team that deserves better attendance, the schedule’s regular Thursday night games for NB are always lower numbers because it’s a school night. Parents with younger children don’t like to get home and have to get things ready for the next day at a later time than usual. This was illustrated in last week’s 2,070 attendance on Thursday and then 2,598 on the following Sunday afternoon. Friday nights would be the ideal time for home games but the schedule can’t give every team that night so apparently the league goes by seniority, which is why Sudbury always has that date. For a small market like NB, it would help the Battalion budget if the league would at least give every team some Fridays.
It seems that any day the attendance is up, is a day that theyve handed out 500 free tickets to nurses, redpath etc.

Id be really disappointed if we didnt fill up for playoff games. This is a good team with exciting talent, we should go deep into playoffs

Reactions: Poster man

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
With a majority of Michigans University’s superstar players leaving and North Bay’s success i wonder if Mr Fantilli has turned his head at all

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Re: Matvey Petrov

Unfortunately for us, he might have played his way out of junior hockey. I think EDM will give him every opportunity to play pro somewhere next season.
Edmonton would be wise to send him somewhere next season with a clear goal of learning to play defense. That has to be the reason he's on the third line, too much for Jackson to try to cover for 21 and 22 in our own zone.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
With a majority of Michigans University’s superstar players leaving and North Bay’s success i wonder if Mr Fantilli has turned his head at all
I know they lost Power, Beniers and Johnson but as of now, next year will still have Brisson (VGK 1st), Hughes (NJ 1st), Bordeleau (SJ 2nd), Samoskevich (FLA 1st), Duke (TB 4th), Truscott (VAN 5th), Edwards (NJ 4th), and Ciccolini (NYR 7th) and then their freshman class of Frank Nazar, Rutger McGroarty, Seamus Casey, Hunter Brzustewicz and Kienen Draper who are all top prospects.

In terms of surrounding cast, no OHL team can even come close to competing with that. 6 1st rounders and then a half dozen other draft picks. And of course his brother too

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I know they lost Power, Beniers and Johnson but as of now, next year will still have Brisson (VGK 1st), Hughes (NJ 1st), Bordeleau (SJ 2nd), Samoskevich (FLA 1st), Duke (TB 4th), Truscott (VAN 5th), Edwards (NJ 4th), and Ciccolini (NYR 7th) and then their freshman class of Frank Nazar, Rutger McGroarty, Seamus Casey, Hunter Brzustewicz and Kienen Draper who are all top prospects.

In terms of surrounding cast, no OHL team can even come close to competing with that. 6 1st rounders and then a half dozen other draft picks. And of course his brother too
The one small hope is a possible shot at a Memorial Cup, which he'd almost certainly provide if he chose to commit. The Wolverines will be a contender with that very green roster, but in all likelihood he's one and done before turning pro. Maybe he goes back for a D+1 season.

Who's got the better shot next season at winning it all? Michigan or the Battalion?

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Re: Matvey Petrov

Unfortunately for us, he might have played his way out of junior hockey. I think EDM will give him every opportunity to play pro somewhere next season.
I doubt it. Edmonton has Savoie and Bourgault turning pro. Icetime will be quite limited in Bakersfield next season on the wing with Lavoie and Benson there already with a number of vets eating up a ton of the workload.

Petrov is a driver on a championship contender next season. I couldn't see a better developmental opportunity for the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad