North Bay Battalion 2021-2022 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
"Russell now has been listed as out indefinitely with an upper-body injury".....this won't be good! Petrov to the 1st line??

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Great games by Romani, Sima and Gauvreau. Sima turning into a true power forward right infront of us. Found Hamilton to be a very dirty team, 2 slewfoots and a player on the bench grabbing Sima during a scrum.

Reactions: Poster man

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Solid match, can’t afford a shorthanded goal against. Not getting the big stops but full points to Hamilton, they know how to move it and where to put it. Outmanned and outgunned unfortunately. Great hustle by the young guys tonight, almost there difference maker!

Reactions: dirty12

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Great games by Romani, Sima and Gauvreau. Sima turning into a true power forward right infront of us. Found Hamilton to be a very dirty team, 2 slewfoots and a player on the bench grabbing Sima during a scrum.
Also found out something about a dirty team....One, I sat beside the Hamilton bench and can absolutely say that the grabbing of Sima from the Hamilton bench happened....conveniently missed by the referees, of course. :ha::mad: Two - I think *maybe* something in Hamilton's armour has been exposed...too late maybe, but definitely something to keep in mind for Friday. Hamilton can talk a good game -Hell, they can even play one too. But for a team that loves to play rough, dirty and finish their checks...they can sure dish the punishment out - but they do not react very well when a team pushes back on them. Opportunities started to open up when the Troops started smacking Hamilton around, and smacking them back. We're at the point now where it's one game at a time; Friday night, might as well throw some caution to the wind and *start* the game by smacking around anything in a Bulldogs sweater that carries the puck and moves.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Also found out something about a dirty team....One, I sat beside the Hamilton bench and can absolutely say that the grabbing of Sima from the Hamilton bench happened....conveniently missed by the referees, of course. :ha::mad: Two - I think *maybe* something in Hamilton's armour has been exposed...too late maybe, but definitely something to keep in mind for Friday. Hamilton can talk a good game -Hell, they can even play one too. But for a team that loves to play rough, dirty and finish their checks...they can sure dish the punishment out - but they do not react very well when a team pushes back on them. Opportunities started to open up when the Troops started smacking Hamilton around, and smacking them back. We're at the point now where it's one game at a time; Friday night, might as well throw some caution to the wind and *start* the game by smacking around anything in a Bulldogs sweater that carries the puck and moves.

Peterborough played the Bulldogs extremely physical and the kids had a hard time keeping their composure.

The problem is, like your coach said in an interview, is to balance the line between being physical and giving the Bulldogs PP time. Of course you see how different the Bulldogs PP looks with White on the point instead of Staois.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..NB seems to be 2 years younger than Dogs.....next year..different story....Coe may not be missed for defensive reasons....Rustle..another story....Nelson may have learned not to hold on to the puck so much..gets caught...still going to be something else.....

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
During H’Dogs’ 21 game winning streak, they have given up between 0 and 2 goals in 18. There were also 2 3s and a 4 (Game 3 NB). The harsh reality is that if you are ever, ever going to score 4 in a game vs. this team, you simply have to find a way to win that particular game. Unfortunately the Troops remain a work in progress (to be polite) in their own zone and have a GAA of 5 in their last 3.

Re: Brandon Coe – that backhand flip pass from along the boards, into traffic, into the faceoff circle, in his own zone, is probably something he should remove from his bag of tricks.

For those of us somewhat disappointed in Matvey Petrov over the past several weeks, it looks like he has finally found his spot, not 3rd line but as a 4th liner with Nik Sima and Tony Romani. When that trio was on the ice they were on fire. I know the rooks had a variety of players with them through the game, but MP22 might have been the best fit.

Reactions: Sleemans99

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
As we get ready for game 4 tonight I just wanted to say, regardless of the outcome that I am a very happy/proud Battalion fan. Reaching the Conf. final with such a young core they are lined up to potentially be the next dominant force if they make some deadline additions similar to how Hamilton did this year.
Please come out tonight and send the boys home (or back to Hamilton) knowing that our community is behind them and we can't wait for 2022/23.
Go Troops Go!!!

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
..NB seems to be 2 years younger than Dogs.....next year..different story....Coe may not be missed for defensive reasons....Rustle..another story....Nelson may have learned not to hold on to the puck so much..gets caught...still going to be something else.....
All that being said, Oh Great and Most Wise One....:D - if there is a *big name* possibly out there to pursue for next year, who would you like to see North Bay go "All In" on and why? Me - I'm thinking that Dennis wouldn't have traded for the rights to Adam Fantilli if he didn't think he had a reasonable chance to lure him away from Michigan (and the NHL team that drafts him might have a lot of say in where he goes for the next 1 to 2 seasons as well).
- Dennis also has a *problem* that a lot of OHL GMs would love to have...two goaltenders capable of being the #1 guy between the pipes. Vrbetic is a workhorse for sure, but with his play I highly doubt DiVincentiis is going to want to stay a back up much longer. My money is on DdV getting a chance to run with the #1 slot long term...Vrbetic could be the centerpiece in a big trade to attract a top talent.
- Kind of have my doubts about Petrov being in North Bay for another year...although with the way his play has dropped off some, I could see Edmonton deciding he needs another year in Jr. before making the jump to the pros. I could see Lukin staying; he isn't a big point producer on the blueline like Nelson, but I don't think he was brought here for that.

Regardless of when the season ends, it's going to be an active summer in Battalion country with a lot to look forward to in the coming year. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad