North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
We have talent but doesnt matter with stanaround. These kids desereve better coaching.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
looks like things have shaken up lineup wise, well Coe and Arnsby swapped lines (deserving). Rose with P Christ, Mayotte sitting, Schlueting 3rd pair with Thompson

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
PS5's man has scored twice tonight standing still and twirling around lost.. Vrbetic shouldve had at least 1, no help whatsoever but he isnt making big saves, looks like a fire drill in our own end. Announcers mentioned they look "seriously outmatched" and id agree, reminds me of a AAA team playing a AA team. They also mentioned Butler has "legend status in the OHL".

Coe had 2 real good opportunities shouldve made it 3-1

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
PS5's man has scored twice tonight standing still and twirling around lost.. Vrbetic shouldve had at least 1, no help whatsoever but he isnt making big saves, looks like a fire drill in our own end. Announcers mentioned they look "seriously outmatched" and id agree, reminds me of a AAA team playing a AA team. They also mentioned Butler has "legend status in the OHL".

Coe had 2 real good opportunities shouldve made it 3-1
His ability to maintain his job without being successful is legendary

Reactions: Olden and Samee987

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
wow a 5-3 game empty net 6-3 feels like a win which is sad. Showed some intensity after a few goals scored in the 3rd, wish theyd play like that all the time.

Caines seems to work himself into many good opportunities, if he worked on his shot he would have a lot more goals at this point. He and Moncada seem to be the hardest working line nightly. Id like to keep Arnsby with them to play more offensively instead of having to bail out Chenier and Struthers in the defensive end who float around until a puck lands on their stick.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
wow a 5-3 game empty net 6-3 feels like a win which is sad. Showed some intensity after a few goals scored in the 3rd, wish theyd play like that all the time.

Caines seems to work himself into many good opportunities, if he worked on his shot he would have a lot more goals at this point. He and Moncada seem to be the hardest working line nightly. Id like to keep Arnsby with them to play more offensively instead of having to bail out Chenier and Struthers in the defensive end who float around until a puck lands on their stick.
I find Chenier has taken a step back this year. Maybe it’s just him trying to carry some offence but it’s noticeable

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Read the bay today comments. Were all on the same page here. Get rid of Stan and Pacey!!!

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Heard Griffin is complaining about the Curling taking up his teams ice time for games. There were 45,000 tickets sold x $2.50 a seat the Battalion get, that's $112.500.00 plus 90% of concessions. What meat head. Package him & Butler up for a bag of pucks. Or move the team to some other town that has people that will buy this.

Last edited:

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
I find Chenier has taken a step back this year. Maybe it’s just him trying to carry some offence but it’s noticeable
Chenier was 4th round pick , more of a small grinder with a little skill , he scores in close as he goes to the net hard , was never really billed as a skilled top 6 guy , while he is worthy of being named Captain this year , he will never be a high scoring OA/Captain that we have had in the past. note: he turned out way better than Ball who was taken in the 3rd !

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Heard Griffin is *****ing about the Curling taking up his teams ice time for games. There were 45,000 tickets sold x $2.50 a seat the Battalion get, that's $112.500.00 plus 90% of concessions. What meat head. Package him & Butler up for a bag of pucks. Or move the team to some other town that has people will buy this.
The curling sells beer also , I would of thought that he would have been the last guy complaining.

Reactions: View from section 9

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Chenier was 4th round pick , more of a small grinder with a little skill , he scores in close as he goes to the net hard , was never really billed as a skilled top 6 guy , while he is worthy of being named Captain this year , he will never be a high scoring OA/Captain that we have had in the past. note: he turned out way better than Ball who was taken in the 3rd !
Yes, great additional player but not THE GUY, I had hoped there would be more P and Vinegar from him leading the young squad.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Funny that the "blue hairs" that complain that the music is too loud at the Battalion games weren't complaining at the Pinty's Curling event...(and it was loud). I saw you there, all of you whiners. $11.00 tickets or FREE probably got you there! Oh ya, and the $8000 50/50 prize too.

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
Funny that the "blue hairs" that complain that the music is too loud at the Battalion games weren't complaining at the Pinty's Curling event...(and it was loud). I saw you there, all of you whiners. $11.00 tickets or FREE probably got you there! Oh ya, and the $8000 50/50 prize too
Very refreshing to see some entertainment at the gardens the past few days. The Battalion organization is like a tire fire out of control. The front office is a mess, check any of the watering holes in town and you're likely to find them after lunch!!!!
Went to a game in Suds last season and Dario Zulich, the owner, is walking around shaking hands with people, even thanked us for making the trip up. Only time you see Abbott is with his head down making a mad dash to his box!!!

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Very refreshing to see some entertainment at the gardens the past few days. The Battalion organization is like a tire fire out of control. The front office is a mess, check any of the watering holes in town and you're likely to find them after lunch!!!!
Went to a game in Suds last season and Dario Zulich, the owner, is walking around shaking hands with people, even thanked us for making the trip up. Only time you see Abbott is with his head down making a mad dash to his box!!!
It’s almost like you don’t need someone screaming into a microphone to entertain people

Reactions: Poster man

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I just have one question, if the team is committed to playing the youth why pray tell does Henderson get top minutes while they scratch a rookie?
If it's a true youth movement shouldn't Struthers and Chenier be traded and Henderson released?
If Henderson is an OA next year they will not get a cent out of me. He has not gotten any better since he got here and I honestly believe he is our 7th best defenseman.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Totally agree with the entertainment value at the Pinty’s in the lobby, music was loud ( music from this century) but not crazy loud that you can’t hear yourself think. 50/ 50 draws outstanding! The hobby-twins are making out like bandits in this town. Really, do we need someone screaming in a mic to make noise? Come on. How can they think they improved the D with #16 over Nick King ?? Great return on that trade.

Reactions: MartyHuggins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad