North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Having Grima come in should really help our young puck moving D, giving up a 5th rounder isn’t ideal for a rebuild but if we sell on Struthers now we should be able to get that back plus a little more

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Having Grima come in should really help our young puck moving D, giving up a 5th rounder isn’t ideal for a rebuild but if we sell on Struthers now we should be able to get that back plus a little more
5th isnt bad at all! You'll get some assets for Struthers

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
No lie he used to be there for breakfast consistently. Was good friends with Brady Lyle’s dad. Gotta wonder what happened there lol
Wrong ! Butler is not friends with Lyle's Dad , he knows and sat with Lyle's Grandfather at BW along with who ever else would sit and listen to his BS.
No GM/coach is going to give the parents of a player the time of day.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Probably ten games and probably out of Oshawa already been benched this season too.
Walker wore #11 like Baird, took stupid penalties like Baird , hurt his team like Baird, was traded for a 4th in his OA year like Baird, hasn't helped his new team like Baird ………….the only thing left is to be released into the sunset at the OA deadline like Baird.

Reactions: Uncle

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Wrong ! Butler is not friends with Lyle's Dad , he knows and sat with Lyle's Grandfather at BW along with who ever else would sit and listen to his BS.
No GM/coach is going to give the parents of a player the time of day.
Dad and grandfather and I mixed up the two my apologies

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Perhaps Struthers injury is more serious then they thought....thus the Grima deal!

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Perhaps Struthers injury is more serious then they thought....thus the Grima deal!
Struthers? A lingering injury from pre season? Or do you mean Rose on defence?

If all 4 oa are ready to go tomorrow who sits? We would be dumb to keep 4 oa for extended time, no?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Struthers? A lingering injury from pre season? Or do you mean Rose on defence?

If all 4 oa are ready to go tomorrow who sits? We would be dumb to keep 4 oa for extended time, no?
Is Struthers injured? Is that why he has had a slow start?

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Is Struthers injured? Is that why he has had a slow start?
Injury uncovered at Montreal's rookie camp. He didn't see the ice, played 5 games in Laval last year at the end of the season though.

Many rumours abound as to why he's "off".
Some say because he wasn't named captain others it's because the team isn't very good which won't help him get an AHL type deal at the end of the season.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Gens fan coming up tomorrow. Never been to your barn looking forward to it.

Best place close to rink for pub grub?

thanks.

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
ty NB base.

The hit was thunderous. Thankfully the Hammer player was ok. Walker has a switch that cannot be tempered IMO. I'd de surprised if he plays again for Shwa Nation after the antics in Hammer. He threw fists and pounded a guy earlier in the game on a play involving gio v, gens d man, and only got 2 min strangely enough.

he is slow a tar and was brought in to protect the skilled young genee troop. Tough to do when you are suspended indefinitely.

looking forward to tomorrow.

:)

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
ty NB base.

The hit was thunderous. Thankfully the Hammer player was ok. Walker has a switch that cannot be tempered IMO. I'd de surprised if he plays again for Shwa Nation after the antics in Hammer. He threw fists and pounded a guy earlier in the game on a play involving gio v, gens d man, and only got 2 min strangely enough.

he is slow a tar and was brought in to protect the skilled young genee troop. Tough to do when you are suspended indefinitely.

looking forward to tomorrow.

:)
Once that switch flips he’s lost for the game he will do anything he wants and take a lot of penalties. If he could control his temper he’d do wonders but unfortunately I don’t think that’s happening

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
How bad was the walker hit???
I saw it on tape repeatedly, didn't look more than a hockey hit. it wasn't a hit from behind, oh well it is what it is and will be punish for it and by TBA posted on OHL media report might be a lengthy one.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Roster listing has Nick Grima with #16. Which O/A will watch from the stands this weekend, MS18 all the way, or a rotation?

Would Ryan Roth ('00 RW, SSM -> SAR for 3 draft choices) have helped here?

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Making a second trip up to the northern gateway, when Owen Sound makes there single appearance to the Gardens.

Wonder if any posters will be in attendance for the Attack game Sunday December 15th at the Gardens?? Enjoyed the first visit to the Gardens and the old style building the Battalion play out of.

If any posters will be in attendance PM me as I will be in attendance,

AttackSound

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Roster listing has Nick Grima with #16. Which O/A will watch from the stands this weekend, MS18 all the way, or a rotation?

Would Ryan Roth ('00 RW, SSM -> SAR for 3 draft choices) have helped here?
I’d go with a rotation Grima/Struthers
Is Roth a potential O/A? If so he would have been an upgrade over moncada for next year

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Roth will be a good OA; but NB does not need RW with Coe & Russell & C/RW Arnsby having multiple years of eligibility. 3-1st is plenty of investment at that position.
Moncada is a fine 3rd C, imo; and, I think he could be an ideal OA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad