North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
The big question becomes - when does the team seriously think about making changes...and where do they start? Part of a coach's job is having command of the locker room (and the respect of the players inside of it), and the ability to motivate. An IDGAF attitude in a few players is poison to the rest of the locker room - sooner or later, other players will be infected. Change has to come from the top; I hope Stan as a person is well (and if he isn't, that his health improves), but I'm really beginning to think that this is his time to go. Take one role or the other - he clearly can't do "both". As for curing IDGAF-itis: let the players go who are primarily infecting the locker room with it. Sure, a young team is going to mean pain right now....but with the Twins, Vrbetic and the likes of Arnsby (and a potential top 3 pick in 2020), the future could look bright if these kids are brought up and allowed to play in a system that best suits their talents.[/QUOTE]

Very well worded. Abbott just doesn't realize how Butler is not only affecting team development, but the attendance as well. But as he stated in his one & only article (6 years ago), "this is a hobby for me, i'm not out looking to make money." So what does he care what the attendance is. Why should we ?

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
The big question becomes - when does the team seriously think about making changes...and where do they start? Part of a coach's job is having command of the locker room (and the respect of the players inside of it), and the ability to motivate. An IDGAF attitude in a few players is poison to the rest of the locker room - sooner or later, other players will be infected. Change has to come from the top; I hope Stan as a person is well (and if he isn't, that his health improves), but I'm really beginning to think that this is his time to go. Take one role or the other - he clearly can't do "both". As for curing IDGAF-itis: let the players go who are primarily infecting the locker room with it. Sure, a young team is going to mean pain right now....but with the Twins, Vrbetic and the likes of Arnsby (and a potential top 3 pick in 2020), the future could look bright if these kids are brought up and allowed to play in a system that best suits their talents.

Very well worded. Abbott just doesn't realize how Butler is not only affecting team development, but the attendance as well. But as he stated in his one & only article (6 years ago), "this is a hobby for me, i'm not out looking to make money." So what does he care what the attendance is. Why should we ?[/QUOTE]
Going young is fine and dandy as long as the kids improve and develop over the season , so that the team can make some serious noise in the coming years . Problem is that every young draft pick in the past has gotten worse as time went on , NOT better under Butler , with the only exception being Braz . Butler and his out dated style needs to go , or all the young talent here now is wasted !

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Very well worded. Abbott just doesn't realize how Butler is not only affecting team development, but the attendance as well. But as he stated in his one & only article (6 years ago), "this is a hobby for me, i'm not out looking to make money." So what does he care what the attendance is. Why should we ?
Going young is fine and dandy as long as the kids improve and develop over the season , so that the team can make some serious noise in the coming years . Problem is that every young draft pick in the past has gotten worse as time went on , NOT better under Butler , with the only exception being Braz . Butler and his out dated style needs to go , or all the young talent here now is wasted ![/QUOTE]
It is sad seeing the steps made by players throughout the years on other teams while ours seem to stagnate more often than not... though I do get a different feel with Vrbetic and P.Christ, they seem like they have undeniable total packages.
A big change needs to be made to turn the page to properly develop talent and rebuild some reputation for prospective high picks, especially the one this year which is lining up to be quite high..

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I see Oshawas Daniel Walker is on the suspended list as 'indefinite' for a match penalty for checking to the head. With his past history, what do you think he will end up receiving? I'd guess 10-12 game range!

Reactions: three dog night

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Coe rated as a 'B' level prospect for 2020 nhl draft indicating a potential 2nd/3rd round draft selection. That would indicate that the "potential" is still very real but I feel the runway is shortening with him.. The tools are there but the toolbox/drive seem to be the issue.

Has he had any attempts at C? my memory is failing me but he looks best when carrying the puck near top speed; RW stopping and starting seems to kill his transitional speed. Imagine if he were the guy gearing up and receiving the puck in transition?
On the flip side im not sure he has the defensive acumen for C but at this point why not mix things up?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I see Oshawas Daniel Walker is on the suspended list as 'indefinite' for a match penalty for checking to the head. With his past history, what do you think he will end up receiving? I'd guess 10-12 game range!
Probably ten games and probably out of Oshawa already been benched this season too.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Butler has become a complete cancer. His outdated style makes for boring hockey.
Boring hockey doesn’t fill the stands.
His inability to develop talent scares players away from committing.
The lack of star players lowers the attendance.
All the issues come back to butler and Abott can’t see it. Butler’s only here for the cheque and Burger World

Reactions: Olden

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Coe rated as a 'B' level prospect for 2020 nhl draft indicating a potential 2nd/3rd round draft selection. That would indicate that the "potential" is still very real but I feel the runway is shortening with him.. The tools are there but the toolbox/drive seem to be the issue.

He is leading the league in plus/minus.....but not in a good way!!

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Some help on the back end.

Battalion gets Grima – North Bay Battalion

Will be interesting to see how the 4 OA's work out. One has to sit each night now, I can't see it being Chenier or Grima or King actually. Struthers is moving soon imo.
That sounds like a fair assessment, what do the d pairings project to be? Grima takes hendersons spot with schleuting?
Or what is the extent of Rose’s injury? Does that muddy the water

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
That sounds like a fair assessment, what do the d pairings project to be? Grima takes hendersons spot with schleuting?
Without Rose

King - Grima
Henderson - Christopolous
Pacey / Mayotte / Thompson

With Rose

Rose - Grima
Henderson - King
Mayotte - Christopolous
Pacey - Thompson

Would really like to move Henderson and play a youngster but unfortunately I don't get to make that call. If trends so far this year continue Henderson will be on the 2nd pairing, he and King weren't THAT bad together last year.

Grima will be this year's Calvas, very similar players I believe.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I believe they hamstring for rose 2-3 weeks? Don’t quote me on it. I’d like to think maybe they cut losses with Henderson or don’t have enough confidence in Ryan Thompson.
Struthers could have possibly asked out at well

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
He’s figured it out now but it was cringey for a bit haha. Lost assignment on the penalty kill for the first and an unfortunate toe pick for P.C which lead to a nice breakaway goal for the second.

Peters must have grown an inch or two and in turn has an extra gear... broke free for a breakaway drawing a penalty

Vrbetic made a multitude of stops, could be 4-0 right now.
I think you’ve got a good one in Vrbetic.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Butler has become a complete cancer. His outdated style makes for boring hockey.
Boring hockey doesn’t fill the stands.
His inability to develop talent scares players away from committing.
The lack of star players lowers the attendance.
All the issues come back to butler and Abott can’t see it. Butler’s only here for the cheque and Burger World
Ha Burger World. Like it :) reminds of my time at Nip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad