North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
Been hearing there is interest in Nick King, plays against the other teams top line, will be back as an overager next year.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Still think NB needs to improve on backend if they aren't going to sell off. Coe, Caines, Primeau and Russell have shown they can be that secondary scoring that was lacking.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Been hearing there is interest in Nick King, plays against the other teams top line, will be back as an overager next year.
I've been critical of King's play previously but coincidentally or not he has turned it around at the same time as the winning streak started.

Well done Nick!!!

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Still think NB needs to improve on backend if they aren't going to sell off. Coe, Caines, Primeau and Russell have shown they can be that secondary scoring that was lacking.
standing pat is one thing, spending assets for this year only would be a concern. Stay the course, continue development of young d and F. of course just my opinion as always

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
So a solid mid-pack Western Conf. team trades their, arguably, best forward (and #2 in league points) and best defender, apparently running up the white flag. Then they proceed to school our team in shots and faceoffs, doubling in both, and turn a 3 goal deficit into a 4-3 SO win.
If a winning weekend is/was the goal, then defeating a newly bulked up Guelph team which was already better than ours is a necessity and probably highly unlikely. I believe the Troops remain a legitimate playoff contender, with a final placing somewhere between 7 and 9. And I also believe they can land in this range with or without JB17. The return by now probably won’t be what it might have been a month ago, but the GM might as well make the move.
I find it kind of interesting that at the same time, Sud. and fans seem to be in a world of hurt, Sag. looks to be trying to win West and League, and OS has at least partially surrendered. And they all have the same number of points, deadlocked at 45.

Reactions: Uncle

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Or, a trade is in place :)
I just don’t see the reasoning in trading ‘01 RD and local product unless acquiring a stud D for a playoff run; or, Chayka for Vescio & Brazeau?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad