North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
When they played here, Butler could have gotten good returns for Barclay Goodrow, Nick Paul and Mike Amadio. He kept them all. Odds are he will keep JB as well.
My guess is that JB doesn't want to leave. Isn't this player from New Liskeard? Does he have a NTC? He might be happy where he is? If you want JB, then you can call North Bay.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
JB second goal was one of the best you'll see in hockey anywhere. I see player of the week coming again. Wow! Do not trade him or will see tumbleweeds in the lobby guys.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
When is deadline/overage deadline?
Could JB as an OA return a 02 1st rounder like tolnai/chayka/evangelista?

Last edited:

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
When they played here, Butler could have gotten good returns for Barclay Goodrow, Nick Paul and Mike Amadio. He kept them all. Odds are he will keep JB as well.
Agreed , I think the odds say he keeps JB , question tho , when Butler did not pull the trigger on the players you mention , how did that help the team in the following years ?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’m sure Brazeau has earned the right to refuse a trade in Butler’s mind.
I think it will take a Clarke or Chayka type offer for Butler to be willing to break up the Burghart, Struthers, Brazeau line. Struthers is currently 11th ppg.

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
I think it will take a Clarke or Chayka type offer for Butler to be willing to break up the Burghart, Struthers, Brazeau line. Struthers is currently 11th ppg.
Burghart is not on Brazeau's line, Caines moved up on the wing.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think getting moved to a contender would be the best thing for Justin's chances at landing a comfortable ELC, if he continues to field offers into the OHL playoffs. North Bay will make it, but it's pretty unlikely they bounce a team like Ottawa in the first round this season.

North Bay taking the '02 back just bodes well for them moving into next season.

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018

Chayka is not going anywhere. It would take more than Brazeau to get a top 5-10 NHL pick who isn't draft eligible to be drafted until 2021 and already playing top 4 minutes in the league and one of the youngest players in the league.

4 years of a star cornerstone on D isn't worth one good year from an OA.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Re: Justin Brazeau

With apologies to “The Clash”, should he stay or should he go?

STAY:
Give the player a very real chance to establish a franchise single season goal scoring record, (Mike Amadio 50) and maybe points, too (Wojtek Wolski 128).
Give the team a legitimate chance to challenge for a playoff spot.
Re-energize the fan base, and put an additional 50-100 people in the arena (that’s per game, not total for the rest of the season).

GO:
Give the team a chance to acquire a 2/3 years younger player (ideally someone who already plays up in the lineup) plus a couple of decent draft choices.
Give the player a guaranteed playoff spot with a chance to be a difference maker and go deep.
Shouldn’t have a negative impact on attendance, most of the 1500-2000 who attend the games will continue to do so.

As a fan I understand both options and am okay with either one. The next 3 game block against better teams (and aren’t they all, mostly, when you sit 15th or so out of 20?), vs. OSH, @OS, @GUE, will be critical to the decision process. But my hunch is the GM, in a sense, will let the team make the decision. 0-3 points out of 6 forget the playoffs and make a trade, 4-6 try for the "elite 8" and keep JB17.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Good chance this is the last opportunity to see Brazeau in Battalion silks tonight.

Saginaw just blew some assets on McLeod. Not sure what they've got left to see if they can knock off the big dogs in London.

Last edited:

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Good chance this is the last opportunity to see Brazeau in Battalion silks tonight.

Saginaw just blew some assets on Strome. Not sure what they've got left to see if they can knock off the big dogs in London.
Ryan Mcleod not strome*.. Will be there tonight supporting the troops +1! Hoping for a fun match as always

Last edited:

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ryan Mcleod not strome*.. Will be there tonight supporting the troops +1! Hoping for a fun match as always
Freudian slip right there. As an Oilers fan, it's pretty obvious my expectations of Ryan are tempered. :laugh:

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Coe pulled many moves tonight with decent success rate. Will become even easier next year. Russell taking a lot of nice shots on the power play, battalion have set themselves up nicely down the road. Schlueting still struggling but have liked the teams effort to continue to give him icetime through thick and thin, the development is happening.

Props to Propp. Definitely coming up with timely saves reminiscent of last year. Better late than never!

Oshawa was missing their best player (not sure if it would have made much of a difference) hopefully the management still make the right decision for this team as I could still see them challenging for a playoff spot without J.B (who tonight was solid but was not needed to carry them to victory like before the break).

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Props to Propp. Definitely coming up with timely saves reminiscent of last year. Better late than never!

Oshawa was missing their best player (not sure if it would have made much of a difference) hopefully the management still make the right decision for this team as I could still see them challenging for a playoff spot without J.B (who tonight was solid but was not needed to carry them to victory like before the break).

Not to make excuses, but 2 of their top 4 forwards, their best D and their starting goalie. Wonder if Stan over-values this winning streak and it changes his deadline plans. Seems like all along it's been trade Brazeau, get younger and go for the future but now he might be seeing dollar signs

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Not to make excuses, but 2 of their top 4 forwards, their best D and their starting goalie. Wonder if Stan over-values this winning streak and it changes his deadline plans. Seems like all along it's been trade Brazeau, get younger and go for the future but now he might be seeing dollar signs
Could be possible... although if gremlins like us on internet hockey boards recognize it I would hope management does as well.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
OS just traded O/A fwd Kevin Hancock to Lnd for an '01 defenseman and a 3rd round pick. Would we be happy with that return for JB17??

Reactions: belair

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
OS just traded O/A fwd Kevin Hancock to Lnd for an '01 defenseman and a 3rd round pick. Would we be happy with that return for JB17??
Running out of possible destinations. Guelph is apparently in on Entwistle, so they may be looking elsewhere. I'm thinking Ottawa may be the most likely scenario. The positive part of that is we probably get to see them steamroll us in the first round regardless of the trade.

Any '01s on that roster of interest?

Reactions: Uncle

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
Running out of possible destinations. Guelph is apparently in on Entwistle, so they may be looking elsewhere. I'm thinking Ottawa may be the most likely scenario. The positive part of that is we probably get to see them steamroll us in the first round regardless of the trade.

Any '01s on that roster of interest?

Forwards Clarke and Quinn!!!! Any deal for Brazeau has to include a prospect. Can't let him go for picks with the way this team drafts.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Forwards Clarke and Quinn!!!! Any deal for Brazeau has to include a prospect. Can't let him go for picks with the way this team drafts.
Both look like very valuable Fs. I'd also add Maggio, who's a year younger than both you've mentioned as a possible target. I'm not sure how desperate Ottawa would be to make that add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->