GDT: Norris Division Final - Game 6 - Blackhawks @ Wild - 8PM CT/4AM Suomi - TSN,CNBC,RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Nothing to be down about besides the loss. We have 5 rookies, and possibly 6 if Kuemper keeps developing, that look to be the young core we've always wanted. We have 3 defensemen that have yet to play at the Pro level (not counting a handful of games) for any time. We have a full draft this year and a FA season to go through.

Be proud.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
I'm very disappointed right now but agree with all you guys, we have a great future ahead of us. We already were able to put up a good fight against the defending champs, and we are only going to get better. A new year, a new possibility.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
tumblr_ms7dmtNNad1s7547io1_500.gif

*Sigh*

Well... go Rangers

It sucks it ended that way but its so typical.
I felt if we won this game, which i believe we shouldve if it wasnt for such terrible puck luck this game.. We so couldve went back to chi and win it, and then we'd be so close to at least reaching the cup.
Man.. this game should be ours.
It wasnt meant to be. and it kills me cause the Wild were gaining confidence.

Good season. Good run.

I can now take my law class final this Thursday in peace .

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Nothing to be down about besides the loss. We have 5 rookies, and possibly 6 if Kuemper keeps developing, that look to be the young core we've always wanted. We have 3 defensemen that have yet to play at the Pro level (not counting a handful of games) for any time. We have a full draft this year and a FA season to go through.

Be proud.

Oh for sure. I think once the sting of the loss wears off, we'll all be able to agree that this was a very successful season and playoff run.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
Good series. Wild outplayed the Hawks every game in Minn and had some dominating stretches in the games in Chicago.

Wild have a bright future.

Can't believe how tough the division is going to be in the coming years with Wild, Blues, Avs and Hawks.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not happy with how the season ended, but I'm not dissatisfied with the Wild's performance this postseason either. They did okay and and it was the young players that really got things done for them, which is encouraging.

Wading through all the simpering flattery from Hawks fans is more than I care to subject myself to though.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Well, it sucks to lose, but we did play a pretty good game at least, and so did the Hawks.

We had a good season and I certainly am looking forward to our future.

Just imagine if we had Vanek instead of Heatley on the books:naughty:

And while I'm in my dream world I'm going to dream that our special teams don't completely suck. And before any stat lover shows anything, I don't care. Our special teams, especially our PP suck and better be fixed.

But, good series and good season. We have a lot to look forward to for next year.

I even appreciate the sincere Hawks fans and other fans support for our future;)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Not happy with how the season ended, but I'm not dissatisfied with the Wild's performance this postseason either. They did okay and and it was the young players that really got things done for them, which is encouraging.

Wading through all the simpering flattery from Hawks fans is more than I care to subject myself to though.

I don't even want to look at the god damn main boards right now.

DuaneHewitt

Apr 10, 2007
NJ/Andover MN
the hockey gods are cruel and unjust.

This team deserved better than losing it like that. lots of young up and coming players to look forward to. next year, nobody in the league should be surprised by the wild.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I was so exhausted after the work trip that just couldn't watch the whole game. Saw OT only. I'm sad but a proud Wild fan at the same time. It was a wild ride, so much feelings. Great effort. Great season.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I gave up on the playoff boards last year. During the Toronto/Boston series, so many Boston fans were complaining and making so many excuses after any positive thing that went Totonto's way. Oh, and everyone openly laughing at the Leafs and mocking the whole fanbase after game 7 was the icing on top. I vowed never to post in another GDT there, or even look at it anymore with one exception. Just zero intelligence or sensibility on there.

Only thing worth a damn there anyways the photoshop thread. Otherwise, that forum might as well be dead to me.

I don't know why you would volunteer there unless you were one of those self-inflicting schadenfreude type of guys. Just causes more unnecessary work and pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Leafs fan here - my girlfriend is a Wild fan so they've become my Western team by default.

Congrats on the very solid playoff run! You guys will be a pretty big threat next year too! I just hope the hockey god's won't be so cruel next season (to your team, and mine!).

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
@RussoStrib: Bryz: I’ve been so happy here. I wish we can accomplish more. Was probably the best team I’ve played (for), best organization I’ve been in

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Just got home from the game. Feeling all kinds of empty right now. Minnesota sports strikes again. An unlucky bounce to end the season. It's always something new and it hurts every time. Kick in the nuts, heart ripped out of your chest and punched in the nose all at the same time.

It was a fun season. I'm proud of what this team did this year. I just need a hug or something right now. Will take a day to sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad