Confirmed with Link: Nordstrom Signed to extension

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'd like to see the next "signing" announcement from the Canes to be Sebastian Aho. Although with Aho at the WHC camp, that may not happen for a while. Probably see Rask next.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Decent tag, a little more then I was expecting but I don't have a problem with that if he can keep up the development curve.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Cgqtm0oUkAA_f3I.jpg:large

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Ever so slightly more than I expected, but not by an amount that will break us. Worst case, we get better, and it's not too hard to trade or put on the fourth line. Good stuff.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'd like to see the next "signing" announcement from the Canes to be Sebastian Aho. Although with Aho at the WHC camp, that may not happen for a while. Probably see Rask next.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Rask's deal was later in finalizing. I could see The Ronald waiting until around the draft to see what kind of deals he could bring in at that time. Depending upon what amount of salary he brings in at that time and who he is targeting in free agency, I could see what is offered to Rask being either a lower cost bridge to save actual dollars or a longer term extension to help use up cap now to get to the floor.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Little more than expected but not that bad. Gerbe and Malone will be gone this offseason so Nordstrom could be pushed down to be a decent 4th liner if he hits a wall and doesn't play like he did this year.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Found a situation he excelled in and gets to hang out with a bunch if fellow Swedes. Glad to see hm return.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
Good signing. And if anything, if they are bad next year and the game is boring, his girlfriend is entertaining bossy the other swede girlfriends/friends around on where they need to sit. :laugh:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Awesome term and $$$

Glad we're gonna be able to keep that line together for a while :)

I'd be surprised if that line stayed together next season, at least as the putative 1st line. I think the front office has to be looking for a big-bodied scoring threat to pair with Jordan and Nesty....one that has equal chemistry to Nordy. If not, then heck, if it continues to work, don't mess with it.

I Twitter messaged Mike Smith to see if he heard anything about that contract being in the works; crickets. Personally I'd like to see Rask get the next deal and I'd like them to buy out a year of his unrestricted free agency....maybe $20 or $22 million for 5 years.

Decent tag, a little more then I was expecting but I don't have a problem with that if he can keep up the development curve.

I agree in that I think they put a little more lettuce on this salad, but they are likely hedging a little against the potentiality of salary floor issues. If indeed we can't get our "guy(s)" at the draft, then Rask likely get's signed next to immediately. If Rask merely get's a bridge deal then that might mean we're making a play for Bishop or Reimer.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
For a player that had 1 goal on 68 NHL shots before this season, and scored 10 goals on 81 this year, would have rather seen a one year prove it deal. Sort of a Riley Nash type non-entity for me. Not sure I see the incentive for Carolina to buy up his RFA status at this number.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
He's a great 3rd liner being paid like an average one. No issue with the deal, par for the course given the situation.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If he maintains or gets better, it's great. If he regresses, it's hardly an albatross but becomes an annoyance I suppose. I thought he really had a good year.

If that line gets seperated, I don't know what I would expect offensively out of Nordstrom. He's got size, speed and can forecheck. Good role player. Worth keeping. I hope we have seen the last of the terry/nash/gerbe/malone group. I'd like to see no more than one of those come back.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
If he maintains or gets better, it's great. If he regresses, it's hardly an albatross but becomes an annoyance I suppose. I thought he really had a good year.

If that line gets seperated, I don't know what I would expect offensively out of Nordstrom. He's got size, speed and can forecheck. Good role player. Worth keeping. I hope we have seen the last of the terry/nash/gerbe/malone group. I'd like to see no more than one of those come back.

I truly think Terry comes back. I don't know why, but I still feel like there's more room for him to get comfortable and use that wicked one timer to produce on the PP. Plus, he's a natural scorer on a team that doesn't have a lot of that. The rest are as good as gone in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad