Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Is that actually a rule that you have to move the puck?
Yup. The team with the puck is responsible for keeping it moving. It is almost never called (last time I remember is that Flyers temper tantrum), but technically if a team sits behind the net for more than a few seconds they could be called.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Yup. The team with the puck is responsible for keeping it moving. It is almost never called (last time I remember is that Flyers temper tantrum), but technically if a team sits behind the net for more than a few seconds they could be called.

Keeping it moving, yes. You can’t pin it against the boards or have your goalie cover it.

It’s completely within the rules to just stand there stickhandling back and forth in a stopped position. The puck is loose.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
delay of game should be called in regular season OT then when players circle back from the attacking zone to behind their own net. No different

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
delay of game should be called in regular season OT then when players circle back from the attacking zone to behind their own net. No different

Well technically the puck is still moving, but we know the NHL has discussed changing the rules there to make crossing back across the red line a whistle or penalty.

But IMO if you have to put in that kind of rule, then you're just slapping one more gimmick on something that's far too gimmicky to begin with. And I also don't think a three-point system will solve anything either. I say just make OT 10 minutes of 4-on-4, and if they can't figure it out, the game ends in a tie and no one's happy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Keeping it moving, yes. You can’t pin it against the boards or have your goalie cover it.

It’s completely within the rules to just stand there stickhandling back and forth in a stopped position. The puck is loose.
I’ll find the video here in a bit, but you can’t just sit behind the net stick handling either. It is almost never called, but a rule nonetheless

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
e7d4288e8c5733ce9546dca8a71b181dcde82a0a.gifv
Bad goaltending there
I feel like his reaction is way too slow. Wood has pretty much one option, go back hand. He baited Wood to go backhand and then didn't move to block it.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Honestly, if we had Landy, Drouin and LOC in this playoffs, it wouldn’t even be close as far as depth goes. Obviously I don’t know what’s gonna happen rest of this series, but so far our depth scoring has been just fine.
It's enough because our top end talent kills almost any team. MacK + Makar + Rantanen just tough to beat.

Reactions: the_fan

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Bedsy to Georgiev after the game. Second time I've seen him time this walk so he pumps his tires after a win in the playoffs. This is the right way to coach him IMO.

"Georgie! f***in A man! (ass slap)"

It's like "Our playoff success rests on you, please save more"

Team must feel the same. They have the offense and defense. We can go all the way. Only question these players have is Georgiev mentally strong enough? He's been good enough so far, outside that one game. He actually recovered well from the Game one vs Jets. I was certain he was done after that. It was not easy to comeback from that.. that itself shows good mental skill.

Maybe the first bad game vs Jets was the best thing to happen George. He came back from it and since then he's been good. Fix things early.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I want to believe the Stars are going to be a little demoralized in G2 after blowing a 3-0 lead, but ultimately my head tells me that they’re going to come out as strong as possible tomorrow. I can’t shake the feeling they’re going to take G2 and we’re headed back to Denver even at 1-1

They will come out Guns out blazing.

First game: Colorado win hits 45-20! We were very physical.

First game vs Vegas, they got outhit: 33-56.
Second game: Dallas 54 hits and Vegas 55 hits.

They lost the first game vs Vegas too and came out hard hitting game two, at home.

I think they will ramp up the physicality. Hopefully this pays us off in terms of powerplay, because they will take some bad hits and try to slow us down. It's not their game though. They can't do it every game, at least not against Vegas.

We need to play a smart game and not let them get into our heads by playing more physical. They will try to hit our defense hard I think. Make Girard scared etc.

First ten minutes will be pain for us. My prediction. Like you said, they will come out with everything they have. After that we will have our chance, when they slow down. It's about weathering the storm first and then punishing them.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I want to believe the Stars are going to be a little demoralized in G2 after blowing a 3-0 lead, but ultimately my head tells me that they’re going to come out as strong as possible tomorrow. I can’t shake the feeling they’re going to take G2 and we’re headed back to Denver even at 1-1
lol RL, I legit think you’ve come with a different variation of this type of post after every playoff game this season so far.

It’s tough for optimism to creep through. I understand the feeling.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

If they come out strong, but the Avs score first, the foundation will start to crack with self doubt, and they could be mentally beaten after that just like all the other teams.

Reactions: DingusKong

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
lol RL, I legit think you’ve come with a different variation of this type of post after every playoff game this season so far.

It’s tough for optimism to creep through. I understand the feeling.
Meh, that’s fair. We’ve had years of this weird quasi-emotional abuse/torture where they just let us down in big games/moments. Obviously they didn’t in 2022, and I’ll cherish that forever, but I legit didn’t think Winnipeg would wilt like they did in G4 (the Sunday afternoon game). Just didn’t believe they’d want to face the prospect of returning home in a 3-1 hole.

Dallas is a whole other animal. They are legit a hard opponent because of their ability to win lower scoring contests. And I loathe Peter DeBoer, but he’s definitely not afraid to make adjustments that result in a boring-as-hell-but-wins-games style of hockey.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Bedsy to Georgiev after the game. Second time I've seen him time this walk so he pumps his tires after a win in the playoffs. This is the right way to coach him IMO.

"Georgie! f***in A man! (ass slap)"

Bednar needs to up his slap ass game. @RoyIsALegend and I would have slapped his ass so hard that Rants would have fallen over.

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
At this point, we shouldn’t even be surprised anymore. This is Mikko Rantanen. Stand around and glide, lots of late stickwork slashing and hooking, then moments of brilliance. That seeing-eye wrister off the crossbar last night was a thing of beauty, too. He is just so damn lazy for 50-60% of his shifts, that’s the problem.
I'll give Rantanen a little bit of leeway. He's averages 23 minutes a game this season/playoffs, which is the 3rd highest TOI in the playoffs for forwards.

He just doesn't have the conditioning to play 23 hard minutes. I think we'd see a very different Rantanen if his minutes were brought down to 18-19 minutes a game.

Reactions: BleedWell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad