Confirmed with Link: Nordstrom Signed to extension

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Right but little hand-wringing was being done about his deal. A coupe posters made grumbled about the cost but recent convos were more so about his role and how it would impact top 6 needs. That is a scoring and playmaking forward (at least to me).

Each to their own, but that's also what defies logic to me. IMO, there was zero chance Nordstrom wasn't getting re-signed by the Canes this off season. Whether it was for 850K 1 year or 1.25M 2 years, he was coming back and was going to be on the roster in 2016/17. I fully expected it and I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who thought he wasn't coming back, right? And I think we all agree that the Canes need more skill in the top 6, better goal scorers so that we don't have to over-slot guys into higher roles than they should be. Francis said as much in his end of season press conference (although it was obvious even if he didn't).

So given all that, it doesn't make much sense to me to be lamenting at this point in time about how he might get over-slotted or how Jordan Staal will be used. Canes can't really do anything about getting top 6 help until the draft/trades/UFA timeframes in Jun through August. To me, that's the time to worry about it, but as I said, each to their own.

Anyhow, I'm fine with the deal. I would have liked it to be in the $900k-$950K range, but the little bit extra isn't anything to worry about IMO. I am excited to see what Francis will do in the offseason. I don't expect any big UFA signings, but I get the feeling there will be some trades or trying to take advantage of cap strapped teams.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
What happens on hfb when Canes fans are forced to sit out the playoffs for a seventh straight year

6a072fb59c947aa942c66d4a11e38e73.gif

You're just jealous because I was chatting with babes all day online.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
On pace for about 16 points while playing mainly 4th line. Part of the best 4th line the Canes have had in years. Good speed, good defensively and one of the top PKrs on the leagues best PK.

All in all, nothing spectacular, but as Tarheel said, fills a role and is earning his salary. He'd be a decent 4th liner even on a very good team.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
He's played his role very well. My only concern was that they would try to force that Staal line from last year like people were pencilling in all offseason. Luckily they were fine moving away from that pretty quickly.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I was his biggest critic the first couple weeks of the season, and for good reason, he was useless on a level you don't see very often.

But damn, talk about a turnaround. He's been excellent defensively and on the PK, he wins tons of board battles, he brings a ton of energy. I think he might even have some untapped offense in him, he's scored a couple of really pretty goals this season when the opportunity presented itself. Pretty much a perfect 4th liner, and since the 4th line has basically functioned as the 3rd line for good chunks of the season, I'd say he probably wouldn't be out of place on a 3rd line permanently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad