Feb 17, 2012
NJ
giphy.gif

Reactions: JK3 and mtnet

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
This is where Shero needs to man up to Harris/Blitzer and say, I'm sorry I made a mistake re-signing John Hynes. He has lost the locker room, would you please approve this payment to buyout his contract, and this extra payment to hire Joel Quenneville.

Reactions: mtnet and OmNomNom

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
This is where Shero needs to man up to Harris/Blitzer and say, I'm sorry I made a mistake re-signing John Hynes. He has lost the locker room, would you please approve this payment to buyout his contract, and this extra payment to hire Joel Quenneville.

I honestly can’t think of a reason why Shero had to do that so early in the season either.

Were the results were so good he had to sign him early? Nope. The season was already going off the rails at the time and it’s not like there were going to be teams fighting to sign him at year end if Ray waited it out.

Was it to save money by signing him early? Nope. That can’t be it either because after this rest of the season Hynes should be paying Ray to coach the team and keep his job.

To keep Hall happy? Uhhh is Hall even on the team anymore?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Are the kids playing well? If the answer is yes Hynes stays. Once ray thinks we have a roster to truly compete an the kids are "developed" in his eyes, john is gone

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I honestly can’t think of a reason why Shero had to do that so early in the season either.

Were the results were so good he had to sign him early? Nope. The season was already going off the rails at the time and it’s not like there were going to be teams fighting to sign him at year end if Ray waited it out.

Was it to save money by signing him early? Nope. That can’t be it either because after this rest of the season Hynes should be paying Ray to coach the team and keep his job.

To keep Hall happy? Uhhh is Hall even on the team anymore?

To shield them from criticism and say he's got their back but who has Ray's back because he's just as much to blame here. He doubled down once - if he does it again at the end of this year he's going to be staring at a Philly scenario come December next year.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
But we made the playoffs last year with the same roster

With superior goaltending and special teams. We essentially rode a PDO bender for a large portion of last year and are getting the opposite treatment this year. Throwing a team out there with no Hall, Wood, Vatanen and Boyle gone is essentially icing the Binghamton Devils.

Last year should be thrown out the window. Everyone knew this team was due for major regression. It has nothing to do with Hynes. Next year we’ll be in line for progression based on our underlying numbers.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
To shield them from criticism and say he's got their back but who has Ray's back because he's just as much to blame here. He doubled down once - if he does it again at the end of this year he's going to be staring at a Philly scenario come December next year.

They’ll be absolutely fine with Hynes next year.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
They’ll be absolutely fine with Hynes next year.

If next year is the same as this year you'll see season ticket holders refusing to renew and when it hits the pocketbook hard, action is taken even if it's just moving deck chairs on the Titanic. I'm saying Ray sitting on his hands and not fixing the D or at least taking action will have fallout.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Last year should be thrown out the window. Everyone knew this team was due for major regression. It has nothing to do with Hynes. Next year we’ll be in line for progression based on our underlying numbers.
Agreed.

But goaltending needs to be upgraded and Cory can't be here for it. Obviously, with how bad the roster has been that we're icing, goaltending isn't hurting us now, but it really did through the first two months of the season. We only had one serviceable goalie on the roster through the first 2 months of the season and it looks like it's taken a toll on him.

And that's all I'll say on that topic in this thread.

But it might help if Shero will recognize that Kowalsky isn't for the NHL and this hiring was a mistake.

I don't think Hynes is good, but there are things making it harder to evaluate him right now.

And the lineups we're icing right now are really not lineups that look like they're conducive to winning a whole lot of games or iced for such occurrences.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
If next year is the same as this year you'll see season ticket holders refusing to renew and when it hits the pocketbook hard, action is taken even if it's just moving deck chairs on the Titanic. I'm saying Ray sitting on his hands and not fixing the D or at least taking action will have fallout.

In the scenario they were dead last again next winter, then yes. Hynes would be fired. They won’t be though, assuming they can get goaltending to league average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad