GDT: NOPE: Nopes @ Blackhawks, 8:30 PM, NOPE+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The bar is so low for John MacHynes a grasshopper can step over it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In the scenario they were dead last again next winter, then yes. Hynes would be fired. They won’t be though, assuming they can get goaltending to league average.
I think he'll be fired too, because that will be 3 out the last 4 years (and 4 of 5 with no playoffs) that we will have been terrible under him, with virtually little to no improvement in record from his first season, except for the one-off Hall MVP year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think he'll be fired too, because that will be 3 out the last 4 years (and 4 of 5 with no playoffs) that we will have been terrible under him, with virtually little to no improvement in record from his first season, except for the one-off Hall MVP year.
Beyond the record the on ice product is horrible. There is zero structure or cohesion....it's like "they forgot how to play the game"

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

Agreed. Regardless, the Devils won’t be that bad next year. They’re horrible with this depleted roster now, but shit luck and horrible goaltending are the only reason they’re as far down in the standings as they are. In the first half of this season, they were just as solid as last year (actually slightly better based on the numbers). Things will even out next year.

Reactions: Bleedred

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Throw Cory out there again tomorrow and keep doing it until he gets a win.

There are so many guys on this team that I am absolutely sick of.

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Beyond the record the on ice product is horrible. There is zero structure or cohesion....it's like "they forgot how to play the game"
I've been a #NeverHynes member since before it became cool. In fact, I think I invented the damn club.

But I think there's several things that are keeping him here right now. Both goalies can't stop a plastic bag and this lineup (current one) isn't really designed for winning anything.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Agreed. Regardless, the Devils won’t be that bad next year. They’re horrible with this depleted roster now, but **** luck and horrible goaltending are the only reason they’re as far down in the standings as they are. In the first half of this season, they were just as solid as last year (actually slightly better based on the numbers). Things will even out next year.

Yes, our traffic cone defense comprised of grocery sticks isn't a problem at all...

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do think he'll get a win this year. Might just be one, but I think he'll get one, as long as he's healthy enough to stay on the ice the rest of the year.

It just might be in the last game of the season, which seems unlikely since it's in Sunrise, Florida.

I keep thinking of Ruutu in his final game of the 16-17 season. He looked like he was gonna go the entire season without a point, until he got one in the second to last period of the year.

Yes, our traffic cone defense comprised of grocery sticks isn't a problem at all...
Even Senators goalies are better than this. It's painfully obvious that Cory is unplayable anymore and just not NHL caliber, if even AHL caliber. He'd probably look alright in a men's league with other 30-somethings and a bunch of 40's and 50-something civilians. Just one more instance of it tonight. And I'm only gonna touch him in this thread because he's the one who played tonight.

I thought he could have had that second goal and we were done after that.

The fourth goal looked like a weak rebound on a point shot, but I wouldn't count it as stoppable. He also just looked really resigned to not do a whole lot on the fifth goal, but that's getting too nitpicky there.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

He's been talked about on here before, but since the advent of the shootout, I really think this is a modern day record. At least since 2005.

21 straight regular season starts with no win.

I think he's really only played well enough to deserve to win one of those games and it was last week against the Islanders, but he probably should have won 3-4 just by our team outscoring the other team a few times.

He's allowed 3 or more goals in 19 of those 21 starts though. You should be able to win sometimes if you allow 3 goals and just allowing 3 goals isn't necessarily a bad game, as he's probably gonna allow 3 if he's facing 30+ shots all the time, but the scores go from respectable to out of control with him in there a lot of these times.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Agreed. Regardless, the Devils won’t be that bad next year. They’re horrible with this depleted roster now, but **** luck and horrible goaltending are the only reason they’re as far down in the standings as they are. In the first half of this season, they were just as solid as last year (actually slightly better based on the numbers). Things will even out next year.
I agree with you and I don't think Hynes is a good coach that helps us win and because of that, I can't really say he's causing all the losses right now. And even if he was, I think this is by design. We aren't trying to win shit right now, especially with these calls ups and demoting Blackwood right after stealing us a win in a game we should have lost to alternate the two sieves.

But we weren't THAT bad of a team the first two months of the season, especially the first 6 or 7 weeks. We were even in the middle of the league in goals scored at the time Hall last played, which will likely put us bottom 5 when all is said and done, unless he comes back real soon.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He's been talked about on here before, but since the advent of the shootout, I really think this is a modern day record. At least since 2005.

21 straight regular season starts with no win.

I think he's really only played well enough to deserve to win one of those games and it was last week against the Islanders, but he probably should have won 3-4 just by our team outscoring the other team a few times.

He's allowed 3 or more goals in 19 of those 21 starts though. You should be able to win sometimes if you allow 3 goals and just allowing 3 goals isn't necessarily a bad game, as he's probably gonna allow 3 if he's facing 30+ shots all the time, but the scores go from respectable to out of control with him in there a lot of these times.

2 games. He should have won the night we scored three own goals. Otherwise yeah he hasn’t been good

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
2 games. He should have won the night we scored three own goals. Otherwise yeah he hasn’t been good
I thought he was bad early in that game on the goals that weren't own goals, but he really should have been able to win that game another 3 just by the team outscoring the other team.

I do think he's been somewhat lucky to not win a single game, but if we won a few games like that, his record is probably still 4-17 (with not all 17 being in regulation, probably an OT loss or two) or maybe 5-16 going on his what he's done.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Even Senators goalies are better than this. It's painfully obvious that Cory is unplayable anymore and just not NHL caliber, if even AHL caliber.

The Sens also have Guy Boucher running a much more structured game, where as we are the wild wild west in our own zone.

I agree cory sucks, but lets not sit here and just completely ignore the fact the defense is a glaring need, if not the biggest need for this team. In my opinion, defense is absolutely the biggest need at the moment

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The Sens also have Guy Boucher running a much more structured game, where as we are the wild wild west in our own zone.

I agree cory sucks, but lets not sit here and just completely ignore the fact the defense is a glaring need, if not the biggest need for this team. In my opinion, defense is absolutely the biggest need at the moment

The Senators are on pace to allow a record number of shots on goal in a season. Guy Boucher does not have the Senators playing a structured game.

Goaltending is the biggest need for the Devils at the moment. They have 0 average goalies on the roster right now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

There are so many guys on this team that I am absolutely sick of.

At this point I'm of the forcefeed it mentality too. With our luck he'll only get a win in the last game of the year that'll mean absolutely nothing for anyone, if he actually gets one at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad