GDT: NOPE: Nopes @ Blackhawks, 8:30 PM, NOPE+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There was a conversation about getting Hasek on here at one point... nobody wanted him. They were womping for Elliot instead. LULZ
Wait, what? What year was this? I'm assuming the year Marty was injured in 08-09? Or maybe in 10-11 when Hasek made that comeback and played over in Europe. He last played in the NHL in 07-08, but maybe people thought he'd come out of retirement the next year when Marty got injured. He did come out of retirement in 10-11 to play in Europe for a year. Then there was talk about him being interested in an NHL comeback for the 12-13 season, when he would have turned 48 years old. All that talk seemed to start up during the 2012 playoffs. A lot of people were making the connection that he saw Marty playing into the last round of the playoffs and thought he could make a comeback, but I think those people were just speculating or clearly joking.

The talk was that Hasek was only interested in a very few number of teams and one of them was Buffalo. I think Tampa was another (Yzerman worked there) and maybe even Detroit.

Here's one article.

Hasek, 47, reportedly plotting NHL comeback - Sportsnet.ca

I was actually hoping he would make a comeback (not on our team though) as I would have been genuinely interested to see how he played. He looked a bit like the end of Marty's NHL career when he was at the end of his in 2008. Culminating with him losing his starting job to Osgood in the middle of the first round and never playing another second in the NHL again, but winning the cup as the backup on the way out.

I remember when Marty was injured in 08-09, Khabibulin and Roloson seemed to be guys that Devils fans wanted.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No, with our luck his win will result in us not getting Hughes.
Hahahahaha.

I'm sure we have 4-5 more wins in us. He'll probably have one of them, maybe more.

I'm gonna say at least 1.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What are the chances that Cory and Luu face each other in the career finale for both of them on April 6th in Sunrise? I might take the drive and buy tickets just to see it.

Knowing both of them in their current and advanced ages, neither are a safe bet to even be healthy for the season finale on April 6th.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh my, in reviewing the goals, that rebound on goal 4 looked even worse than I initially thought. I originally thought he just kicked it out with his leg, but that looked to come right off his chest or his glove. A simple shot from the blue line, clear sighted, no deflection and bounces off of him.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Surprised someone hansnt created a "has cory won a game site", similar to the Gomez goal one when he was in Montreal.

Even with his playoff win he hasnt won since last spring.

Reactions: NJDevils7

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
bratt was really awesome on the powerplay and over. hes really picked it up a level the last few games.

Reactions: mtnet

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Just watched the highlights because I can't bring myself to watch the Benny Hill Show every night anymore.

Cory Schneider moves laterally like my 68 year old father. He's a beer league goalie. There is n NO reason why he should be here next year, but I bet our cheap as f*** owners don't want to flush that precious cash down the toilet.

Reactions: Bleedred and mtnet

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
The streak continues!! I had my doubts, I thought sooner or later Cory is gonna win right? Boy was I wrong again

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
cory is not the reason we lost last night just like keith wasn’t the reason we lost in st. louis. this team is terrible

Reactions: mdj12784

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
officially done watching road games for the remainder of the season. what a f***ing waste of time.

i flipped it on briefly last night, saw them go up 2-0, then immediately bailed when chicago tied it since you could just sense the dumpster starting to smolder.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'd love to know how that charts out

This season really looks and feels like a last straw type deal, with or without last year's flash in the pan

Take it for whatever it's worth but none of the season ticket holders in my row or the row behind me are opting out.

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
officially done watching road games for the remainder of the season. what a ****ing waste of time.

i flipped it on briefly last night, saw them go up 2-0, then immediately bailed when chicago tied it since you could just sense the dumpster starting to smolder.

Might I remind you that the Devils have won one of their last six home games.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
What are the chances that Cory and Luu face each other in the career finale for both of them on April 6th in Sunrise? I might take the drive and buy tickets just to see it.

Knowing both of them in their current and advanced ages, neither are a safe bet to even be healthy for the season finale on April 6th.

FLA may need the 2 points to get into the playoffs that night

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Just watched the highlights because I can't bring myself to watch the Benny Hill Show every night anymore.

Cory Schneider moves laterally like my 68 year old father. He's a beer league goalie. There is n NO reason why he should be here next year, but I bet our cheap as **** owners don't want to flush that precious cash down the toilet.
They’d save money by buying him out

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad