GDT: Non-Wild Playoff Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Now that is was playoff hockey is all about. What an entertaining game of puck. The backup goalie, I will go with his nickname on his mask, Vasy, gets the win despite only playing 10 minutes or so. Is it Monday yet?

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I forgot I said I was gonna post a pic from Game 2.

This was our seats, we had great view of everything that was going on.

pafjml.jpg

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Sweeeeet. Must have been an awesome atmosphere. Especially with the Hawks fans there.

As a home fan, you never like to see opposition colors, in any real numbers, in your arena, but I do think it livens up the atmosphere.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
The Hawks fans certainly added to the atmosphere. As much as the Hawks fans on social media liked to ***** about the whole "opposing team jersey policy", there was no shortage of Hawks fans there. I was actually taken aback when the Hawks scored their first goal, the cheering was so loud from the Hawks fans.

Everybody was nice too, I never once saw/encountered an overly rowdy fan.

The atmosphere outside the arena once the game was over was great too. I never got to experience that during the Calder Cup Final in Houston in 2011. Both of the games I went to were losses, including Game 6 when Binghamton won it on our home ice. Walking back to the car in Tampa reminded me of that, but this time it was off a win so everybody was all amped up and celebratory, walking through the streets of Tampa with SWAGGER I tell you! :sarcasm:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
At least Tampa showed some fight at the end of the game last night. Should be a good rest of the series and I'm really thinking we see a Game 7 at this point.

If the Hawks do end up winning the Cup, I really hope Saad comes away with the Conn Smythe and drives his next contract through the roof and really puts the screws to Chicago's cap situation. I guess that's my only real silver lining if I have to endure the Hawks winning again. :laugh:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
At least Tampa showed some fight at the end of the game last night. Should be a good rest of the series and I'm really thinking we see a Game 7 at this point.

If the Hawks do end up winning the Cup, I really hope Saad comes away with the Conn Smythe and drives his next contract through the roof and really puts the screws to Chicago's cap situation. I guess that's my only real silver lining if I have to endure the Hawks winning again. :laugh:

Also Timonen, Raanta & Teräväinen getting a cup #finnesota #dontusehashtagsonmsgboards

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I've never seen such a bone headed irresponsible move by a goalie in the Finals. WTF were you thinking, Bishop! Get your head in the game or sit down. There was ZERO reason to go for that puck. %@$#ing lucky Hawks, as usual.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
For all of the guys complaining about Vanek floating did you see the Kane highlights in game? Kane is a floater just like Vanek. Only difference is Kane showed up for the playoffs (against us anyway), he puts up more points, and he has flash.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Chicago plays damn good hockey. Wish they didn't win as often as they do but you have to admire it. Step it up at the right times, draft right, cycle depth. 3 Cups in 6 years would be a major accomplishment. Especially in the salary cap era. Rivalries aside, you have to appreciate it.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
For all of the guys complaining about Vanek floating did you see the Kane highlights in game? Kane is a floater just like Vanek. Only difference is Kane showed up for the playoffs (against us anyway), he puts up more points, and he has flash.

So the only difference is everything besides them both floating.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So the only difference is everything besides them both floating.

Kane gets away with floating because of his points and flash. People complain on here because Vanek floats. They are both variations of the same play style. One is elite and one is just good. I'd be willing to bet Vanek is better defensively than Kane though.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Kane gets away with floating because of his points and flash. People complain on here because Vanek floats. They are both variations of the same play style. One is elite and one is just good. I'd be willing to bet Vanek is better defensively than Kane though.

Kane is faster, more skilled, better along the boards, has a better shot...

The only thing I'd say Vanek is comparable to Kane is their passing skill.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Really... the Hawks are potentially going to win the cup because of that idiotic play between Hedman/Bishop? I would be so pissed as a Lightning fan right now. As a Wild fan, I'm just as upset that the Hawks will win another one. Feel like there's zero chance the Lightning take the next two.

At least we lost to the champs? Nope, used that excuse 2 years ago.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Really... the Hawks are potentially going to win the cup because of that idiotic play between Hedman/Bishop? I would be so pissed as a Lightning fan right now. As a Wild fan, I'm just as upset that the Hawks will win another one. Feel like there's zero chance the Lightning take the next two.

At least we lost to the champs? Nope, used that excuse 2 years ago.

and against the Ducks in 07

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Unfortunately, with the way the Lightning are playing, I just don't see them coming back to win this. Not even from 1 goal down.

The last 2 goals they've let in have been goals off of terrible rebounds from Bishop and no defense from the defensemen. I mean, what the hell was Sustr doing there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino