GDT: Non-Wild Playoff Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
No we didn't. We ****ing choked when it mattered. They didn't beat us, we ****ing shot ourselves in the foot.

It's time to look past that "well at least we got beaten by the best". That's the consolation prize from two years ago. It doesn't work now. Not with the team we had this year, and now how we played all the way through the Blues series.

Hmmm, while I agree with the general gist of your comment, I really can't believe anyone could think that our Blues series was an indication of predictable success against the Hawks. If anyone choked, it was the Blues. Bigtime.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Also, just sitting here watching the celebration, and can't help but think we'll never see this.. :(

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Salary cap rules don't apply in the playoffs.
If it was the regular season, that Blackhawks roster would be over the cap.
Pretty much. Kane got hurt and was out long term. Because of that, they brought in Vermette. ....a guy they couldn't afford with Kane playing. Word was Kane was ready to go the last game or two of the season, but they would have had to adjust the roster to bring him back. So they wait....regular season officially ends, and they immediately clear him. No cap rules in the postseason meant they could keep Vermette playing while bringing back Kane.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Also, just sitting here watching the celebration, and can't help but think we'll never see this.. :(

My friends and I were saying the same thing tonight. We're all too young to remember or care about the Twins in 87 & 91. Just one time before I die please.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Tyler Johnson had a broken wrist since early in the series. Not surprised, literally heard his name once all night.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Pretty much my reaction to another Chicago Stanley Cup...

post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

If they end up signing Reilly too, I might go full out Team America Vomiting Gif :cry:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Guessing Pittsburgh is so high in "quality" injuries due to Crosby's glass noggin.

Yup. And the season Malkin lost from his torn ACL.. and the many ankle injuries that nagged him after that. Think he had a prolonged shoulder thing too. Then Kris Letang. He has only averaged 48 games per season since 2010-2011, albeit one of those seasons was the lockout shortened year. Regardless, he's only ever played more than 74 games once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad