GDT: Non-Wild Playoff Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Maybe it's the Hockey Gods punishing them for cap circumvention with the Kane and Vermette crap.

One can hope so anyway.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I really can't root for the Hawks. But I'm having a guy's weekend at the cabin this weekend, so if the Hawks win, at least it'll be fun to watch Game 7 up there Saturday night.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Damnit, Ducks!!!! Pull your heads out of your butts and stop that "tanking for talent" of a team from winning another freaking game!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Dear Ducks, **** you in advance of your inevitable game 6 failure and allowing these goddamned Hawks to continue to exist.

I'd hold off on the **** you until the final buzzer, but I'm about to pass out from exhaustion.

Lousy god damned stupid Ducks.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
So my Uncle who lives in Tampa Bay said waaaay back in the first round that if the Lightning made the Final, he would get tickets.

Well, 2 rounds later, and I'm going to the SCF! :D

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
So my Uncle who lives in Tampa Bay said waaaay back in the first round that if the Lightning made the Final, he would get tickets.

Well, 2 rounds later, and I'm going to the SCF! :D

Awesome have fun I had the lighting going pretty far before the season started:handclap:.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
BTW, did anyone else noticed how depressed/non excited the broadcast crew was that the Lightning advanced and the Rags didn't? :laugh:

Doc: ...and the Lightning are going to the Stanley Cup Final...

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Really... Anaheim absolutely controls the first 2 and a half minutes.. Chicago barely touched the puck. Then one shot from the point and Toews buries the rebound and 1-0. sigh.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Allowing that goal was Bettman's work of guaranteeing that the Hawks will make the finals. Having the Ducks vs. Lightning would just kill him.

All those bandwagon Hawks fans there are hilarious. Same as the ones who invade the Xcel. They were nowhere to be seen when the team was tanking, and then they all come out of the woodwork when things went right.

Last edited:

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Not really surprised at the result, but FFS the Hawks get away with some ********. I was watching the game with my wife during that Hossa "goal." Leaned over and said "No way that's a goal. I mean, they'll call it a goal here because Chicago; but if that were the Wild, it'd be disallowed in seconds."

And then they called it a good goal. Fortunately it ended up not impacting the game.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Chicago in the ****ing finals again.

**** that.

Dear Tampa, please finish off your epic skewering of the Original 6 by knocking Chicago the everloving **** out.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Cheering hard for Tampa in this Finals. Cocky Hawk fans are bad enough, 3 cups in 6 years will make them unbearable. On top of that, if Cleveland wins the NBA title, Minnesota becomes the state with the longest major sports championship drought. Golden State and Tampa bay are the heroes we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad