GDT: Non-Wild Playoff Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Generic User: Figured instead of cluttering up the NHL News thread with playoff discussion we should have our own thread to discuss non-Wild NHL playoff games..

So talk!

Avder's Post:

Isles strike first in Washington!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Echo from the Habs/Sens GDT:
Anyone else watching the games on GCL? If so, does anyone else have a real choppy feed? Even the Isles/Washington game looks pretty fuzzy compared to usual.

Is someone else managing the streams for the playoffs? Quality control is pretty absent so far.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Sure, and I can't watch it cause my stupid cable company doesn't carry NHL Network.

8WeFbdL.png

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The Mayor of Nashville had all Predators fans stand up and sing the anthem.

Absolutely brilliant play to drown out all the damned Hawks fans who snuck through Nashvilles anti-Hawk-fan measures.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Major dive by Stone. Ridiculous that was a 5 + game.

Dive? Likely. Though I'm sure he's got a pretty nice welt regardless.
In any event, if we're to start penalizing the intent rather than the result, we need to ignore Stone's antics and still recognize that Subban still gave him a pretty vicious two-handed slash with the heel of his stick and a pretty good wind-up. Also, it was probably a bit of a makeup call for the buttending mere seconds before.

In my opinion, both actions here have no place in the NHL.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Dive? Likely. Though I'm sure he's got a pretty nice welt regardless.
In any event, if we're to start penalizing the intent rather than the result, we need to ignore Stone's antics and still recognize that Subban still gave him a pretty vicious two-handed slash with the heel of his stick and a pretty good wind-up. Also, it was probably a bit of a makeup call for the buttending mere seconds before.

In my opinion, both actions here have no place in the NHL.

It made the game a farce. It was a slash no question but when you remove a star player from the game and score 2 goals on the penalty because of a dive its a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad