OT: Non Ski Resort Thread. | OT in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Hey guys. Here in peace.

We're visiting in October and planning to go to a Giants game. We're staying in downtown Vancouver, what's the best/easiest way down to the rink?
Check out Fort Langley, very cool little town with a ton of history. Good shops and restaurants too, parks nearby.

What else are you into? Not really mountains or beach in the immediate area, but some very nice parks (Campbell Valley), some wineries and craft breweries. golf courses, and museum/historical sites.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Not a football fan at all but it s funny to see that Antonio Brown gets released by the Patriot after rape allegation. I don’t care if he’s mentally ill or any other kind of BS. Now not only he has the diva tag and also a potential rapist? The guy has five children, never seen an athlete this irresponsible before.
If even the Pats can’t salvage him then who else can

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Not a football fan at all but it s funny to see that Antonio Brown gets released by the Patriot after rape allegation. I don’t care if he’s mentally ill or any other kind of BS. Now not only he has the diva tag and also a potential rapist? The guy has five children, never seen an athlete this irresponsible before.
No guaranteed contracts in the NFL so unless I'm mistaken, he only gets whatever 'bonus/upfront' money he signed off on. Easy to 'cut loose' distractions like that.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008

As someone who is a huge football fan the situation is pretty crazy. Granted the rape allegations seem weird to me. If you read about them they don’t make a ton of sense.

Also there are plenty of football players way more irresponsible. Off the top of my head you have Travis Henry who has 10 kids I believe and ended up in jail for cocaine trafficking.

His situation is definitely messed up and I guarantee there is some CTE going on.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Unbelievable
Why did she even record it and tweet it out? I guess she’s playing her WWE character?

I like the do you know who I am. No and most people wouldn’t.

I’ve never heard of her (don’t follow wrestling) I would imagine 1 in 10 at best would recognize her.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
It's a joke, she's playing her character!

Except the RCMP were not part of the joke... so it is a stupid joke... and its also not funny which is important when making a joke.

I don't want to sound like some over sensitive person but really I don't see how this is funny. If this was a joke, its not funny. Its just stupid.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Except the RCMP were not part of the joke... so it is a stupid joke... and its also not funny which is important when making a joke.

I don't want to sound like some over sensitive person but really I don't see how this is funny. If this was a joke, its not funny. Its just stupid.
The officer knew what was going on, it was staged.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
The officer knew what was going on, it was staged.

I read the ticket was legit and the RCMP said nothing about being in on it.

She said it was a “collaboration” the rcmp did not confirm that.

Either way it was funny and was pretty lame especially since she had to tweet it out was a joke and basically say she would never do that to an officer.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad