OT: Non Ski Resort Thread. | OT in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
No sure where to ask this: does the Centre Ice package black out local games? i.e. Canucks games for those who live in BC that are broadcasted on Sportsnet.

I need options for cancelling my cable, but still watching Canucks games.
I've had Center Ice before and any game that was televised in my local area was blacked out. I have NHL TV now and stream the games through my Apple TV and the same thing happens. There are obvious ways around the geoblocking (VPNs) but luckily I don't have to worry about it because there's almost never a Canucks game televised here in Australia and when I'm in California I have a cable package.

Do cable providers in Canada give you the ability to watch their packages through online streaming? If so, you could ask a family member/friend if you could use their login when the games are on.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Anyone else feel the earthquake today around 4:30 or so? Wasnt TOO big but pretty wierd

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Kamloops in August is the worst place I have ever lived, weather wise. And I live in southern Texas now.

Before I came here I was mulling over whether to go back to my mom's place in the summer months or to stay in Kamloops even when school is inactive.

Definitely not mulling anymore after a 20 minute walk around the downtown.

Nice enough city though.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I've had Center Ice before and any game that was televised in my local area was blacked out. I have NHL TV now and stream the games through my Apple TV and the same thing happens. There are obvious ways around the geoblocking (VPNs) but luckily I don't have to worry about it because there's almost never a Canucks game televised here in Australia and when I'm in California I have a cable package.

Do cable providers in Canada give you the ability to watch their packages through online streaming? If so, you could ask a family member/friend if you could use their login when the games are on.

Only if you have cable... which for the most part defeats the purpose.

You can find links online to stream to a computer (they are generally not the legal ones so don't look here). I find streaming to my actual TV a bit harder, as for some reason with Live things it doesn't mirror or connect well.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Only if you have cable... which for the most part defeats the purpose.

You can find links online to stream to a computer (they are generally not the legal ones so don't look here). I find streaming to my actual TV a bit harder, as for some reason with Live things it doesn't mirror or connect well.
So you can only stream your cable package online if you’re at the billing address? I probably didn’t explain myself well enough, but I was thinking that if a family member who lives at a different address has a cable package but they can watch it via an app when they’re away from said address, then you could log into their account to watch the package from your own house. For example, my mum has Foxtel (cable tv provider) here in Australia but with her package it allows her to watch a limited amount of channels anywhere in Australia via their online app. So when she’s visiting other family members she can log in and watch football games that wouldn’t otherwise be available to someone who does not have Foxtel.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
So you can only stream your cable package online if you’re at the billing address? I probably didn’t explain myself well enough, but I was thinking that if a family member who lives at a different address has a cable package but they can watch it via an app when they’re away from said address, then you could log into their account to watch the package from your own house. For example, my mum has Foxtel (cable tv provider) here in Australia but with her package it allows her to watch a limited amount of channels anywhere in Australia via their online app. So when she’s visiting other family members she can log in and watch football games that wouldn’t otherwise be available to someone who does not have Foxtel.

Yes you can do what you have said above. You would just need certain info from them, and I don't remember what it was. I had a friend do this and he said the setup was a pain in the ass but it was fine after.

Reactions: The Vasili Jerry

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
No sure where to ask this: does the Centre Ice package black out local games? i.e. Canucks games for those who live in BC that are broadcasted on Sportsnet.

I need options for cancelling my cable, but still watching Canucks games.

Options:

1) Rogers Gamecenter Live (I think just called NHL Live now) which gives you all the games including playoffs. Canucks games will be blacked out except National games (maybe 20 or so a year). Around $200/year.

2) Sportsnet Now will give you all the Canucks games I believe but it is $30/month and you will not get any of the games covered by the US networks.

3) Know someone who pays for cable and has Sportsnet and have them give you their username/password to share. This will allow you to access it online and stream it.

You also have to research the devices that are supported for each of the above. Right now I use Roku for NHL Live then my smart TV for streaming Sportsnet.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Watching Andrescu play right now...

Her body language makes it very hard for me to cheer for her...

Gives off an entitled arrogant vibe..

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
kamloops is too ****ing hot
Kamloops in August is the worst place I have ever lived, weather wise. And I live in southern Texas now.
Hey I live in Kamloops watch it ;)

It’s not that bad!! It’s 30+ every day it’s nice!! You’re all being a bunch of wimps with the heat :P But I hear you, I’ve living in both Vancouver and Kamloops and the heat in Kamloops is 10X as bad. So humid.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Hey guys. Here in peace.

We're visiting in October and planning to go to a Giants game. We're staying in downtown Vancouver, what's the best/easiest way down to the rink?

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Hey guys. Here in peace.

We're visiting in October and planning to go to a Giants game. We're staying in downtown Vancouver, what's the best/easiest way down to the rink?

The Giants were located in Vancouver until a few years ago, they moved to the city of Langley, which is about a 40-45 min. drive outside of Vancouver.
If you're renting a car it will be okay, otherwise public transit will not be easy to get there.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
The Giants were located in Vancouver until a few years ago, they moved to the city of Langley, which is about a 40-45 min. drive outside of Vancouver.
If you're renting a car it will be okay, otherwise public transit will not be easy to get there.

Yeh, I figured this would be the case. Is there much to do in Langley?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Hey I live in Kamloops watch it ;)

It’s not that bad!! It’s 30+ every day it’s nice!! You’re all being a bunch of wimps with the heat :P But I hear you, I’ve living in both Vancouver and Kamloops and the heat in Kamloops is 10X as bad. So humid.

at what point of the year does this calm down

don't know if i can handle another power outage taking away my ac.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Anyone know when the new Canucks jerseys will be for sale, if not already? I need to add Hughes to Bo and Petey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad