Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
So they took a bad character guy and prima donna over a future top 15 player in the league? Great job by them.

Defense vs forward. Point mentioned that he wouldn't be in the league if he didn't work on his skating. DeAngelo ultimately netted them Miller and McDonough. So not a huge loss for them. Point is Point dropped and they had awareness he was so they got to take a few chances on guys that might shore up weaknesses in their system and did while understanding they had a chance on another boom or bust forward.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The Caps in their past four games have now given up 7, 2, 8 and 7 goals. Yikes. 6 game losing streak.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Me this morning...

"Well, it's been a while since I've taken a look at the NHL standings, let's just see..."

IEdh6mW.png

1Hss.gif

So, the Flames got good, eh?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah I was pretty surprised when I saw that a week or two ago. Lindholm was a pretty big pickup for them this year.

+45 goal differential.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Gone are the days where we could be in the 2nd Wild Card spot all season and be like "Ugh, if only we were in the Pacific, we'd be winning the division" :laugh:

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Flames are riding on several career years from guys. Their speed keeps a lot of teams on their heels once they get ahead. Goaltending and D are still suspect imo. Outside of Gio and Brodie I don't think I'd replace any of our top 4 with the rest of theirs.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Flames are riding on several career years from guys. Their speed keeps a lot of teams on their heels once they get ahead. Goaltending and D are still suspect imo. Outside of Gio and Brodie I don't think I'd replace any of our top 4 with the rest of theirs.

That's half of a top-4. Dumping Hamiton for Hanifin this summer made the d-corps so much better/well rounded..

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Goaltending is suspect, but Hanifin and Hamonic are solid top 4 defensemen, and Andersson and Valimaki should keep them competitive as some of those guys age and move on.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Is anyone paying attention the ASG this year? I didn't bother turning on the skills competition last night, and not sure if I'll watch the 3v3 games tonight.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
To be honest, I thought it was tomorrow. :laugh: I might tune in. A few of the 3v3 games have at least been entertaining since they put money on the line.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
To be honest, I thought it was tomorrow. :laugh: I might tune in. A few of the 3v3 games have at least been entertaining since they put money on the line.

I'd probably be more interested if it was Dumba playing and not Dub. Goalies are just painful to watch 3v3.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'd probably be more interested if it was Dumba playing and not Dub. Goalies are just painful to watch 3v3.
I'm more interested to watch non-Wild players every year. I haven't gotten to watch too much outside of Wild games the past few years.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm more interested to watch non-Wild players every year. I haven't gotten to watch too much outside of Wild games the past few years.

I dunno I'd prefer to watch Dumba, Granny (healthy), or Spurgeon play with some real talent in a 3v3 setting; rather than just other teams' players doing things MN players can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad