Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I like it for both.

I'd have to see the return FLA gets for flipping those 2 before I can say I like it for them. I don't think Brassard+7th gets Zibby+2nd again.

Brassard has been traded 4 times now (5 if you count the paper trade in the 3 team deal).

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I would bet they could get Luongo to terminate his deal.

A buyout wouldn't do much with his low salary/high cap.

He falls into the recapture penalty too. I have no clue how that effects FLA or the Nuks caps with the retained salary.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
A buyout wouldn't do much with his low salary/high cap.

He falls into the recapture penalty too. I have no clue how that effects FLA or the Nuks caps with the retained salary.
Not buyout. Mutually terminated

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd have to see the return FLA gets for flipping those 2 before I can say I like it for them. I don't think Brassard+7th gets Zibby+2nd again.

Brassard has been traded 4 times now (5 if you count the paper trade in the 3 team deal).

I wouldn't be all that worried about the return on Brassard. But Bjugstad isn't all that much, and if they think that it puts them a markedly better spot for Panarin/Bobrovsky, then its serving its purpose.

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Still looking at a recapture hit.
True. Didn't realize that even Florida was able to save that much cap space on his deal. I bet they could force him back to Vancouver if there were rumors of a retirement?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm wouldn't be all that worried about the return on Brassard. But Bjugstad isn't all that much, and if they think that it puts them a markedly better spot for Panarin/Bobrovsky, then its serving its purpose.

If they get Bob and Panarin it's okay, but best laid plans and all if it doesn't work out. I guess they have a lot of faith in Borgstom?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If they get Bob and Panarin it's okay, but best laid plans and all if it doesn't work out. I guess they have a lot of faith in Borgstom?

Probably do, and I would too.

Also, having Barkov and Trochek in place as the top 2 centers helps a lot.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
True. Didn't realize that even Florida was able to save that much cap space on his deal. I bet they could force him back to Vancouver if there were rumors of a retirement?

Maybe they can LTIR him? He's old and has at least some injury history they could point to, maybe he develops a rash, i dunno?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Probably do, and I would too.

Also, having Barkov and Trochek in place as the top 2 centers helps a lot.

Not disagreeing about the top-6. I'd be high on Borgstom if he was in MN, but wouldn't count on him anymore than I do JEE yet.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Maybe they can LTIR him? He's old and has at least some injury history they could point to, maybe he develops a rash, i dunno?
If he wants to retire? Sure that's the easy way out. If he wants to keep playing though, and Florida isn't keen on that plan, they can send him to the AHL and I'm not sure Luongo would be willing to do that for $1.6M.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If he wants to retire? Sure that's the easy way out. If he wants to keep playing though, and Florida isn't keen on that plan, they can send him to the AHL and I'm not sure Luongo would be willing to do that for $1.6M.

I think FLA would be better off keeping him for one more year and trade off Reimer instead. It would wipe out most of the recapture for FLA, but hit VAN hard. Not taking retained salary into account: it would put him Lu at $32m cap hit and $31.8m paid over the 6 full years in FLA.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think FLA would be better off keeping him for one more year and trade off Reimer instead. It would wipe out most of the recapture for FLA, but hit VAN hard. Not taking retained salary into account: it would put him Lu at $32m cap hit and $31.8m paid over the 6 full years in FLA.
Yeah, if Florida waits a year they will pretty much be clear of his contract. However, looking at how the recapture would turn out, I think that they can force Luongo back to Vancouver pretty much whenever they want.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
True, now that I think about it, isn't that what happened to Quincey?

I'd rather sit on my couch at home and make $1.25m for doing nothing rather than sit on my couch for free and do nothing. He carried a ~$200k cap hit by not being in the NHL, and he would have had to agree to terminate the deal. I'm sure MN would have jumped at it in a heartbeat. I don't think he could have gone to Europe and made up the lost money last year?

Did they even make him report to Iowa? He didn't play any games there.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah, if Florida waits a year they will pretty much be clear of his contract. However, looking at how the recapture would turn out, I think that they can force Luongo back to Vancouver pretty much whenever they want.

I wonder if Van is on his NTC list? He has some odd wording for his NTC too.

Per capfriendly:
CLAUSE DETAILS:
Clause remains active following subsequent trade. Modified NTC Details: Player can choose to supply a 5-team trade list following 2013-14, valid through July 15, 2014. If player does not submit trade list following 2013-14, team can request a five-team trade list following 2017-18 season, valid through Sept. 1, 2018. If player submitted a trade list following 2013-14 and was not moved, team loses right to request trade list in 2018

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Perry is off of IR for the Ducks. That could be the boost they need to get WC spot.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
While it makes sense, I didn't realize a goalie could get credited with a shutout in a 1-0 shootout loss. Weird that you can get a shutout without a win. Happened to Greiss.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
While it makes sense, I didn't realize a goalie could get a shutout in a 1-0 shootout loss. Weird that you can get a shutout without a win. Happened to Greiss.

It doesn't happen often, but the SO doesn't count towards stats. I remember a few goalies were trying to get the 3v3 stats not to count either when it was first implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad