MN
Winter Classic today, with the ....

wait for it...

Blackhawks! Woohoo!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Kucherov is insane. We're halfway through the season, and he already has 69 points, which would have almost led the Wild last year.

He has already has ten 3-point games, and he has 51 points in his last 23 games, which is an average of 2.22. That quarter-season pace would put him at 182 points in a full season. :scared: Incredible.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
I'm sure some of you remember the classic video of the Penguins riding Bellows, "your a f***in superstar Bellows.

This one is pretty similar:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
What's the over/under on Colorado getting a top 3 pick and dominating the Central Division for a while?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What's the over/under on Colorado getting a top 3 pick and dominating the Central Division for a while?

Ottawa second last in the league, Chabot out long term, Duchene and/or Stone moving at the deadline

Way over

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Ottawa second last in the league, Chabot out long term, Duchene and/or Stone moving at the deadline

Way over

What's scary is that they have Rantanen, MacKinnon and Landeskog and they still have Cale Makar, and Martin Kraut coming up. Not to mention Jost is still a prospect, and so is Greer.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What's scary is that they have Rantanen, MacKinnon and Landeskog and they still have Cale Makar, and Martin Kraut coming up. Not to mention Jost is still a prospect, and so is Greer.

Yeah, it's nice to actually be able to hit on some of those high end guys, and it's nice to even be able to get to that point in the first place.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Yeah. Sometimes being really, really bad pays dividends, sometimes it doesn't. Good for them.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The NHL put trackers on all players in the SJ-VGK game last night in order to track a massive amount of data on everything. That could be a gamechanger once they get everything more refined.

The article talks about changing the viewing experience, but I feel like it could be a revolution of sorts similar to how baseball has progressed in recent years.

Maybe they'll finally know if the puck crosses the goal line or the blue line for an offside call.

NHL tests player-tracking technology that could...

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The NHL put trackers on all players in the SJ-VGK game last night in order to track a massive amount of data on everything. That could be a gamechanger once they get everything more refined.

The article talks about changing the viewing experience, but I feel like it could be a revolution of sorts similar to how baseball has progressed in recent years.

Maybe they'll finally know if the puck crosses the goal line or the blue line for an offside call.

NHL tests player-tracking technology that could...
Seems like you could feed all of that data into some sort of machine learning algorithm and come up with some pretty novel shot quality metrics.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think the metrics would be more like they now have in soccer, with the k/run, etc..

Gamechanger is an app that not only keeps score of a BB game, but accumulates stats at the same time such WHIP, HHB, 2 out hits, etc., as well as the standard rbi's and ERA's.

I don't think they have hockey...never checked.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Dang that's a little surprising with the star power that was part of that vote...weren't Toews, Seguin and Tarasenko all part of it? I knew Parise pretty much had no chance though.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Eh I wouldn't put too much into it. The end of the year All Star teams is what really matters. Although I wish the NHL would do what NBA does and include a 3rd team.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
In the past I remember calling Landeskog one of the worst captains in the league with the antics he would get up to. That team was a complete disaster as recent as a couple years ago...it's pretty impressive how far they've come. Landeskog has seemed to come a long way.

In terms of bad leadership, Benn has firmly taken that place now ;).

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Four trades today. All minor, but still, pretty busy for a Friday (or any day).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
For all of the love that Tampa Bay gets for drafting, they thought that Slater Koekkoek was going to be a better player than Filip Forsberg.

For me, it isn't their 1st round picks, but the guys they pick up in the later rounds.

Since 2009 - they've whiffed on a lot of first round picks, but they picked up a lot of guys beyond the 1st round that have made contributions:

Richard Panik (2nd round)
Radko Gudas (3rd round)
Nikita Kucherov (2nd round)
Ondrej Palat (7th round)
Cedric Paquette (4th round pick)
Brayden Point (3rd round pick)

Anthony Cirelli (3rd round) and Mathieu Joseph (4th round) are contributing. That's a pretty good track record; they also have made a significant amount of trades. Some good, some bad, but they get value.

Now, the question is - are they drafting well or are they developing well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad