Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I imagine that the NHLPA will have a nice little chat with this idiot and his agent.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I would hope so, but if there was an agreement beforehand, that'd definitely be cap circumvention. I just don't understand how you put up nearly 60 points and then agree to just $1M. Definitely betting on yourself, but you better be damn sure you don't suffer a major injury before that extension.
Kariya and Selanne once did the same in Colorado.

I imagine that the NHLPA will have a nice little chat with this idiot and his agent.
Players are free to negotiate whatever contracts they want. A player taking a 1yr cheap deal isn't unprecedented. Some bigtime stars have done the same in the past.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Kariya and Selanne once did the same in Colorado.

Players are free to negotiate whatever contracts they want. A player taking a 1yr cheap deal isn't unprecedented. Some bigtime stars have done the same in the past.

Both had already made $50 million in their careers when they did. Labanc has made, well, significantly less than that.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Both had already made $50 million in their careers when they did. Labanc has made, well, significantly less than that.
Not saying otherwise but the sharks are cap strapped, the kid wants to stay, and he's betting on himself for a bigger payday.

Nothing wrong with that.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not saying otherwise but the sharks are cap strapped, the kid wants to stay, and he's betting on himself for a bigger payday.

Nothing wrong with that.

More power to him if he ends up making more. Hope he doesn't get hurt because his "loyalty" to the Sharks will not be returned in full.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Olofsson is back to play in Da Beauty league. hope he gets healthy and turns his career around. I thought he might have a chance to be a #4/5 NHL Dman.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Olofsson is back to play in Da Beauty league. hope he gets healthy and turns his career around. I thought he might have a chance to be a #4/5 NHL Dman.

I was looking through the 2013 draft to see who we could've selected instead of him, but the group of players in the 2nd round of that draft is horrible. Nice to know we didn't miss on much by selecting him.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I was looking through the 2013 draft to see who we could've selected instead of him, but the group of players in the 2nd round of that draft is horrible. Nice to know we didn't miss on much by selecting him.
Yeah, outside of the 1st round the 2013 draft was pretty bland. Even a lot of the guys taken in the 1st round that year have ended up as pretty unimpressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad