Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Ben Street hit waivers today. I'm surprised to see that he is even still getting NHL level contracts.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Didn't see it posted that Olofsson is basically out for the season with another shoulder surgery.

Poms with 5g, 5a .

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Watching FLA/WPG playing in Finland this afternoon. Kind of a cool idea to have these games. I saw somewhere Bettman is discussing having regular season games in Prague, Stockholm, Switzerland and Germany next season. Wonder if a Nashville/Wild game would be a possibility for Switzerland. Or maybe they go for non-divisional games so it doesn't screw with home ice.

Edit: Or whichever team Nino is playing for next season ;)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Watching FLA/WPG playing in Finland this afternoon. Kind of a cool idea to have these games. I saw somewhere Bettman is discussing having regular season games in Prague, Stockholm, Switzerland and Germany next season. Wonder if a Nashville/Wild game would be a possibility for Switzerland. Or maybe they go for non-divisional games so it doesn't screw with home ice.

I could see the lower attendance and/or rebuilding teams losing a home game against a non-rival team for these international games. I don't see a team that sells out on a regular basis losing home games with any regularity. Pushing the low selling teams overseas makes money, due to the novelty of whatever country they are playing in getting a NHL game.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Maybe that's why Laine is playing like crap to start the year... this game was on his mind.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I could see the lower attendance and/or rebuilding teams losing a home game against a non-rival team for these international games. I don't see a team that sells out on a regular basis losing home games with any regularity. Pushing the low selling teams overseas makes money, due to the novelty of whatever country they are playing in getting a NHL game.

Wild played in Helsinki in 2010. It was a blast. Not just low-selling teams, although I see your point.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wild played in Helsinki in 2010. It was a blast. Not just low-selling teams, although I see your point.
I remember it was considered a road game for the Wild, who was their opponent that got credit for the home game?

Just checked, yes it was considered Wild @ Carolina, so yes, the low selling team got the boost, the high selling team didn't lose a home game.

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I remember it was considered a road game for the Wild, who was their opponent that got credit for the home game?

Just checked, yes it was considered Wild @ Carolina, so yes, the low selling team got the boost, the high selling team didn't lose a home game.

They played two games there, on Oct. 7th and Oct. 8th, so both teams lost a home game.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They played two games there, on Oct. 7th and Oct. 8th, so both teams lost a home game.
Hmmm... further look into it, you are correct... notice, they haven't done it since though. I doubt Minnesota owners were happy about losing the home game.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
For a good time, read the Avs GDT and the Flames GDT from last night's game. Avs blew a 4-1 3rd period lead and the meltdown ensues. Flames goes opposite. The Satan stuff was pretty creepy, though.

Reactions: stlwahoo

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Russo tweeting about a bad call against the Avs is reason enough to look it up. Not saying I would ever feel sympathy for Avs fans, but brutal call. Clean hit and Cole gets tossed.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Russo tweeting about a bad call against the Avs is reason enough to look it up. Not saying I would ever feel sympathy for Avs fans, but brutal call. Clean hit and Cole gets tossed.
Agreed, horrific call on Cole, but, still have to hold onto that lead. Avs are a one line team. Very little depth. You shut 1st line down and you will likely defeat them.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
For a good time, read the Avs GDT and the Flames GDT from last night's game. Avs blew a 4-1 3rd period lead and the meltdown ensues. Flames goes opposite. The Satan stuff was pretty creepy, though.

0zHzHEe.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
For the second night in a row, the Avs GDT provides my evening entertainment.
Lose 7-6 in an insane back-and-forth game with the Nucks... the stars of both team earning their pay checks in the process... Had a 1 goal lead with less than 2mins to go, give up a PP goal to lose in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad