Non-Minnesota NHL News XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Is he being bought out or was he just placed on waivers? At least I'd presume it's not a compliance buyout. :laugh: Either way, looks like we did end up on the better end of the Rupp deal.

He looks like he's actually only on regular waivers but with the timing, I'm assuming they'd be entertaining the idea of a buyout.

E: yeah, looks like it would have to be a regular buyout if anything.

Last edited:

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m
Huge trade in the works. Boston and Dallas close on a deal sending Tyler Seguin to Stars for Loui Eriksson. Other parts involved as well.

Interesting.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Not sure how I feel about this one being that Dallas is in our division next year. Glad to see Eriksson go out east, but Seguin could be a franchise player who hasn't even reached his prime yet.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Ugh! The last thing this division needs is Dallas to get stronger. Nashville greatly under performed last year. Colorado is still the only 'bad' team in this division.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We can always hope for a Blackhawks Cup hangover ;)

Or St. Louis decides Hitchcock isn't the way to go. St. Louis doesn't scare me as much, they are a tough, physical team but we usually play well against them. Dallas scares me (especially with a former Red Wing heading the team). Colorado is meh. Winnipeg is meh. Nashville and Chicago though.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Or St. Louis decides Hitchcock isn't the way to go. St. Louis doesn't scare me as much, they are a tough, physical team but we usually play well against them. Dallas scares me (especially with a former Red Wing heading the team). Colorado is meh. Winnipeg is meh. Nashville and Chicago though.

Dallas will scare me in a couple years, they still have a ways to go.

Nashville got Jones but they still don't have anyone to put the puck in the net.

Overall, I'd rather have the division get tougher. Better competition will hopefully push more potential out of the Wild.

Billy Mays Here*

Dallas already had a 1st line center in Benn. Now they have a good 1-2 punch down the middle (assuming they actually play Seguin at center and not right wing like in Boston) but virtually no good wingers to complement them outside of an aging Whitney.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
And Seguin has yet to prove he can even play center well on this level.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas will scare me in a couple years, they still have a ways to go.

Nashville got Jones but they still don't have anyone to put the puck in the net.

Overall, I'd rather have the division get tougher. Better competition will hopefully push more potential out of the Wild.

True.

Nashville isn't going to be a high scoring team but they will play a mean defense and stifle the offense out of others.

Dallas has some really good players now. Getting Nill helped the organization immensely.

I definitely agree though. But the problem right now, Minnesota is standing still after making major waves last year while other teams are making potential moves to strengthen their team now and in the future. I got to wonder what Fletcher is up to because this team struggled mightily half the year and we're pretty much going into next season with the same team.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
True.

Nashville isn't going to be a high scoring team but they will play a mean defense and stifle the offense out of others.

Dallas has some really good players now. Getting Nill helped the organization immensely.

I definitely agree though. But the problem right now, Minnesota is standing still after making major waves last year while other teams are making potential moves to strengthen their team now and in the future. I got to wonder what Fletcher is up to because this team struggled mightily half the year and we're pretty much going into next season with the same team.

I remember that we wanted to talk to Nill originally after we fired Riser but the Wings said no. He's going to be a great GM.

Minnesota already added Nino, but I could see more things happening. The offseason isn't over yet and we don't know what moves will be paying off or busting for the other teams.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota already added Nino, but I could see more things happening. The offseason isn't over yet and we don't know what moves will be paying off or busting for the other teams.

Nino was a good addition but wings wasn't where our weakness lied. Man Grabovski just got released. Might have been nice to take a look at him.

We really aren't going to do much. Unless Fletcher surprises people and trades Koivu, Heatley, or one of the rookies, he'll be very quiet.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Nino was a good addition but wings wasn't where our weakness lied. Man Grabovski just got released. Might have been nice to take a look at him.

We really aren't going to do much. Unless Fletcher surprises people and trades Koivu, Heatley, or one of the rookies, he'll be very quiet.

I'd agree with you if we didn't buy out Gilbert, but that move at least gave us some flexibility. We'll see how the next few days go, but I don't expect them to sit on their hands all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad