Non-Minnesota NHL News XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Pronger will be on LTIR again so that gives the Flyers around $4.6 million to work with. Trading Schenn rather than Cout would free up another $3 million, but I suppose they wanna keep the brothers on the same team. They'll have more than enough cap space to fix up their D a bit. They might get rid of Mezaros too which would free up another $4 million in cap space.

Timonen - Schenn
Streit - Grossman
Coburn - ?

No top end talent but it's pretty balanced throughout all three pairings. What they plan on doing with the goalie situation is what intrigues me.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Pronger will be on LTIR again so that gives the Flyers around $4.6 million to work with. Trading Schenn rather than Cout would free up another $3 million, but I suppose they wanna keep the brothers on the same team. They'll have more than enough cap space to fix up their D a bit. They might get rid of Mezaros too which would free up another $4 million in cap space.

Timonen - Schenn
Streit - Grossman
Coburn - ?

No top end talent but it's pretty balanced throughout all three pairings. What they plan on doing with the goalie situation is what intrigues me.

They can fix up their D all they want though but they are not winning with Steve Mason in goal, plain and simple. Flyers again not money wisely spent.

I've always felt these past four years the Coyotes are destined to leave Phoenix and I'm not changing that now despite apparent thoughts the council vote will pass, doesn't work in Glendale, plain and simple. The one real non-traditional hockey market left not worth fighting for.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's inexcusable. They don't have the money to fuel their fire trucks, yet they'll throw their money at hockey. Your house may burn down...you may get shot or robbed with no sign of help from an officer in sight.....but rest assured, the city will offer you free hockey tickets to make up for it.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
It's inexcusable. They don't have the money to fuel their fire trucks, yet they'll throw their money at hockey. Your house may burn down...you may get shot or robbed with no sign of help from an officer in sight.....but rest assured, the city will offer you free hockey tickets to make up for it.

It is a bit perplexing that the Yotes are staying.

I'd put money on it having a lot to do with the tv contract the NHL has with NBC. I'm not sure on the details of course, and it is just a hunch, but that market is something like the fifth largest tv market in the country.

Someone's making money somewhere. They're not moving for a good reason we just don't/never will know about.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market

And they've had schools close. Libraries are close to shutting down. City budget has shrank in half since 2009 and think this is in the cards. :facepalm:

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I've always felt these past four years the Coyotes are destined to leave Phoenix and I'm not changing that now despite apparent thoughts the council vote will pass, doesn't work in Glendale, plain and simple. The one real non-traditional hockey market left not worth fighting for.
Too big of a market to move from. They'll be fine with ownership. Tickets will sell again, great GM, coach and product. I didn't buy season tickets or a jersey in the four years the league owned them because of not knowing if this team is staying. And I live 20 minutes only from the arena. That will now change. Go Yotes!!!

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Too big of a market to move from. They'll be fine with ownership. Tickets will sell again, great GM, coach and product. I didn't buy season tickets or a jersey in the four years the league owned them because of not knowing if this team is staying. And I live 20 minutes only from the arena. That will now change. Go Yotes!!!

No such thing. Just ask Atlanta.

Billy Mays Here*

Whatever, they can continue to stay and stay and stay, but they will move eventually. That place isn't a hockey market and never will be.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Down goes Brown is by far the best guy to follow on twitter these days, the humor especially in re: to the PHWA laughable Ovechkin double all NHL selection is gold.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Powe getting bought out by the Rags.

Is he being bought out or was he just placed on waivers? At least I'd presume it's not a compliance buyout. :laugh: Either way, looks like we did end up on the better end of the Rupp deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad