Non Leaf Fans Opinion of Phil Kessel

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
He's a great player but the leafs are another team that built their team around a top line winger instead of trying to get stronger down the middle like other successful teams.

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010
He's soft, he floats, he never plays defense. He sacrifices a team game so he can rush to the net and inflate his stats.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Both he and his sister come across as spoiled little brats. As a hockey player I think he's soft, selfish and a one dimensional player who hurts his team more than he helps. I wouldn't want him on my team.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
I would take him back on the Bruins but just not at the salary he has now. I would take Kessel at $6.5M a year but that is tops.

I believed Kessel when he told the media that he is trying and that the players were at fault when Carlyle got dismissed. But it doesn't mean I think it was one or two players on the Leafs. Can't just blame one player.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Great scoring threat
Probably past his prime
Would like to see him work harder on conditioning
Feel bad for him that he was part of a trade that is always ridiculed

jeangauthier

Oct 10, 2007
Montreal,Canada
Elite sniper...............Vanek type ...................rest of his game is an embarrassment to himself..................the only way he would get get near the boards is to put Dunkin Donuts,Tim Horton or Krisspy Kreme donut ads plastered to the boards............

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Elite sniper...............Vanek type ...................rest of his game is an embarrassment to himself..................the only way he would get get near the boards is to put Dunkin Donuts,Tim Horton or Krisspy Kreme donut ads plastered to the boards............
How do they taste...............?

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Could he be Perry if the Leafs had a top line center?

He's far more similar to Kane.

Perry is excellent defensively and at playing a cycle game with Getzlaf.

He would be far more effective in Kane's role, mostly offensive zone starts against the lesser competition. He's already proven that he will produce elite numbers with sub-par linemates (similar to what Kane does nowadays).

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I know that Leaf fans get laughed at when they compare Kane and Kessel, but imo it's a very good comparison. The main difference is the quality of the team around them. I'm not discrediting Kane either btw. I think Kane doesn't get enough credit simply because he isn't a center.

Kessel is worth his money and he's a good core piece to build around.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Pilsbury doughboy weirdo. Would be willing to trade E. Kane for Kessel. Would throw in a competent D man as well.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Good offensive player who is soft and lazy while he makes no effort most nights to play any defense

Should never be face of franchise nor in any leadership capacity

Last edited:

Chandler55

Mar 9, 2004
not surprised by the responses here. leaf nation once criticized sundins game. the best player to ever put on the blue and white :/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad