OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
I was optimistic last year , this year I am filled with the feeling that is so familiar. An expectation of disappointment and knowing I’ll be caring just a little bit less next year. It’s the reality of MN sports. I’m not sure how much longer I can hang on without one shred of post season success in what amounts to basically my entire adult life from our 4 major franchises. It’s nearly impossible to consider it’s been 20 years since the wild went on a legit run. The vikes have ultimately been a massive disappointment and the twins and wolves? Literally near lottery odds of being as inept as they’ve been yet somehow they’ve pulled it off.

Take the Kool-Aid.. You must drink the Kool-Aid.. It will make you feel goooood....

Just kidding.. I completely understand as this is the over all malaise that I settle into once my team truly does begin to suck in the playoffs/postseason year after year.

I only give the tried and true message of, "Just think how damn good it will feel when they finally pull it off. They finally effing did it!"

I know you want to be a part of that party that will last literal months and lift you up like nothing else this side of all-for-fun sports and recreation fandom can.

Hang in there, my friend.

Reactions: TaLoN

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Take the Kool-Aid.. You must drink the Kool-Aid.. It will make you feel goooood....

Just kidding.. I completely understand as this is the over all malaise that I settle into once my team truly does begin to suck in the playoffs/postseason year after year.

I only give the tried and true message of, "Just think how damn good it will feel when they finally pull it off. They finally effing did it!"

I know you want to be a part of that party that will last literal months and lift you up like nothing else this side of all-for-fun sports and recreation fandom can.

Hang in there, my friend.
I would drive down to the cities for the parade for any one of the teams. At this point I just want someone to break the curse

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
I would drive down to the cities for the parade for any one of the teams. At this point I just want someone to break the curse
One day it will happen, and then Iowa will flood because of all the grown mean crying their hard earned, whole life's worth of pent up tears of joy. Trust me.. One day it will happen.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I've seen 2 world series titles here only 4 years apart. I know it can happen.:)
The one thing that I remember so well after the 91 championship was thinking to myself, "Wow, this is so easy." I was 11 and stupidly naive. After watching the Twins win two titles in less than 5 years, I developed this silly assumption about how easy it was to win a championship.

And I've been paying for that silly assumption ever since.

BTW, the second thing I remember from the 91 championship was silly string. Lots and lots of silly string. My parents gave us cans of it, and to this day, I can still remember the smell of that stuff.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bucks eliminated before the Wild lmao. All my teams suck.
I would be fine with the Wild sucking for quite a few years if they brought home a championship like the Bucks did.

Meh... overrated. The draft has been terrible to watch since they added a day for no reason other than to occupy more TV time.

Used to be must watch TV, now I'd rather do other things and just check in online here and there...
Also, the fact that we have the 23rd spot(eerily close to what the Wild's spot will be)makes it less than must watch TV.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Meh... overrated. The draft has been terrible to watch since they added a day for no reason other than to occupy more TV time.

Used to be must watch TV, now I'd rather do other things and just check in online here and there...
I don’t agree with this at all. Draft day is a holiday in my house. Back when I worked I would go out of my way to ask for this day off. I find it so exciting.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
At least you finally admit packers suck
1682616519457.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This is apparently "assault" now? Sure... no need to do it, but you can't tell me there was any serious injuries here either.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
This is apparently "assault" now? Sure... no need to do it, but you can't tell me there was any serious injuries here either.

wtf. That's a whole lot of nothing.

Didn't see it hit the blonde, but if it did - it was incidental.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
wtf. That's a whole lot of nothing.

Didn't see it hit the blonde, but if it did - it was incidental.
I see no contact with the blond either. She certainly would've been falling backwards if it did... "maybe" a graze at worst if anything?
Reckless and stupid, yes. Assault?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I see no contact with the blond either. She certainly would've been falling backwards if it did... "maybe" a graze at worst if anything?
Reckless and stupid, yes. Assault?

I can only speak to what I think I would do in that situation - if I were hit in the head with a chair, I probably would have dropped like a rock which doesn't seem to be the case for the blonde, though it's hard to tell since the camera work is amateur (obviously).

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I can only speak to what I think I would do in that situation - if I were hit in the head with a chair, I probably would have dropped like a rock which doesn't seem to be the case for the blonde, though it's hard to tell since the camera work is amateur (obviously).
Blonde looks completely untouched in this angle... She flinches, then turns to look in his direction.

Even her hair seems unaffected by the swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland