OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
WR was a need, but it wasn't the biggest need. I'm fine with the pick, seems like a good player. They definitely could have used the pick elsewhere though, like QB, CB, etc.

Not going to get my underwear in a bunch over it though.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
WR was a need, but it wasn't the biggest need. I'm fine with the pick, seems like a good player. They definitely could have used the pick elsewhere though, like QB, CB, etc.

Not going to get my underwear in a bunch over it though.
I just called it a "meh pick"
Just saw who the Vike's picked... meh...
Just a huge missed opportunity, as better fits were there to be had.
I'd have been OK had we not been at the tail end of a 4 player run on WRs when WR was pretty far down our list...a couple fell a lot further than expected... but by the time we picked, it was about as expected and I'd have rather seen a different direction taken.

It is what it is, I'll be rooting for him, but just not excited about what he can add considering the passing game is damn near maxed as is anyway.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
I just called it a "meh pick"

Just a huge missed opportunity, as better fits were there to be had.
I'd have been OK had we not been at the tail end of a 4 player run on WRs when WR was pretty far down our list...a couple fell a lot further than expected... but by the time we picked, it was about as expected and I'd have rather seen a different direction taken.

It is what it is, I'll be rooting for him, but just not excited about what he can add considering the passing game is damn near maxed as is anyway.
I was just giving my general thoughts on the pick?

Reactions: TaLoN

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Really hard to get value when a QB isnt there.

Other charts have said we lost value in that trade others have said we got value. Its entirely subjective on what narrative youre trying to push.

Last edited:

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
There was a QB there... There still is a QB there.
In last years draft? No there wasnt, Kenny Pickett was still there but he went 8 picks after our 12th pick.... Hence why we didnt get an absolute haul for that pick. You might thinkl dropping back that far is worth a certain amount but that doesnt mean we will get that.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
In last years draft? No there wasnt, Kenny Pickett was still there but he went 8 picks after our 12th pick.... Hence why we didnt get an absolute haul for that pick. You might thinkl dropping back that far is worth a certain amount but that doesnt mean we will get that.
I think he was referencing the Kentucky QB in this year's draft.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Tennessee got a steal with Levis in the 2nd round.

I’ll predict the packers go tight end and offensive line for their two picks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The second 2nd round pick was a WR, so I was 1/2 and 1.5/3 for the picks. It's pretty strange to pickup two tight ends, no? Packers have needs elsewhere.
Maybe two different types? One a Kleinsasser, the other a pass catcher?

At a certain point you have to trust that your team has seen something from those players beyond their position. I mean, the Vikes have an elite WR, traded for an elite, pass catching TE, have a decent WR in KJ, then picked another WR, when their defense is abysmal.

I'll just have to assume that they picked the best talent.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Maybe two different types? One a Kleinsasser, the other a pass catcher?

At a certain point you have to trust that your team has seen something from those players beyond their position. I mean, the Vikes have an elite WR, traded for an elite, pass catching TE, have a decent WR in KJ, then picked another WR, when their defense is abysmal.

I'll just have to assume that they picked the best talent.
No, they’re both pass catching TEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese