OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I heard he was charged with assault while listening to the radio on my way to work, so decided to look up the "tantrum" only to see this... I'm not a basketball fan, have no interest in the Wolves, was ready to laugh at the stupidity of basketball players today...
This is just... "huh?, why is everyone freaking out about THAT?!"

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I heard he was charged with assault while listening to the radio on my way to work, so decided to look up the "tantrum" only to see this... I'm not a basketball fan, have no interest in the Wolves, was ready to laugh at the stupidity of basketball players today...
This is just... "huh?, why is everyone freaking out about THAT?!"
I mean, sure, he was a bit reckless but he was pumped at the OT win (I believe). Nobody was seriously hurt, or really hurt at all. What's the big deal?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The expression on the blonde's face in the second video seems like the reaction of surprise, like she got hit with it.

But yeah, barely probably.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
If the NBA expands to Seattle and Vegas, the alignment changes I see happening are Vegas replacing Phoenix in the Pacific, the remaining MT/PT teams forming the Mountain, Oklahoma City to the Southwest, and Minnesota to the Central.

Then the NBA can adopt a new regular season schedule format heavy on division games in an effort to make divisions manner in one sense again. Teams in the 5-team divisions would play 7 games against each division opponent, for 28 division games, and teams in the 6-team divisions would play 6 games against each division opponent, for 30 division games. Every non-division match-up, even those between teams in the same conference, would be played twice (home and road).

For Minnesota, going from playing 10 games against the Central Division to 30 would allow the Timberwolves to develop significant regional rivalries, which they have not yet been able to do due to being in the Western Conference their entire existence. The rivalries of the expanded Central Division could become so intense that the Central is given the nickname of "Black and Blue Division" like the NFC North, which effectively has teams in four of the same Midwestern markets that the NBA currently has teams in.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Love that pick. Offense is pretty much set now. Take a swing tackle or an IOL at some point and thats all we really need.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Love that pick. Offense is pretty much set now. Take a swing tackle or an IOL at some point and thats all we really need.
How did the pick change anything for the offense? Minnesota was #2 in passing yards. They were bottom 5 in rushing yards. Defense is atrocious. Bottom 2 in pass defense. Bottom half of the league in rush defense.

Just a really curious move from a rival fan perspective.

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought that they would go for the CB… I mean, they were awful last year on defending the pass, and they let their best CB go. They have receivers. I don’t know, but wasn’t that one QB supposed to be good, also? This team is so tied to Cousins… ugh…. How many receivers does he need?

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
How did the pick change anything for the offense? Minnesota was #2 in passing yards. They were bottom 5 in rushing yards. Defense is atrocious. Bottom 2 in pass defense. Bottom half of the league in rush defense.

Just a really curious move from a rival fan perspective.
Getting less coverage off JJ is a good thing. I’d guess he’s going to play the slot where he won the Biletnikoff award in 21. Can also play on the outside as well but would struggle with press.

It’s not like we’ve completely ignored the defense. Getting rid of Donatell for Flores is a big deal don’t underestimate how bad Donatell was for us. Marcus Davenport and Byron Murphy are sneaky good pick ups.

Now we can focus on defense the rest of the draft.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Sounds like my master plan I posted awhile ago might be coming into fruition with the Vikings.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I thought that they would go for the CB… I mean, they were awful last year on defending the pass, and they let their best CB go. They have receivers. I don’t know, but wasn’t that one QB supposed to be good, also? This team is so tied to Cousins… ugh…. How many receivers does he need?
We also spent 3 draft picks on the secondary last year they were all injured though.

Evans flashed real potential last year when he was playing he just couldn’t stay healthy with the concussion issues hopefully a new helmet can fix that.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Getting less coverage off JJ is a good thing. I’d guess he’s going to play the slot where he won the Biletnikoff award in 21. Can also play on the outside as well but would struggle with press.

It’s not like we’ve completely ignored the defense. Getting rid of Donatell for Flores is a big deal don’t underestimate how bad Donatell was for us. Marcus Davenport and Byron Murphy are sneaky good pick ups.

Now we can focus on defense the rest of the draft.
Does nothing unless you improve the personnel.
Zimmer was a great defensive coach, but nobody can squeeze blood from a stone.
Peterson and Danzler were addition by subtraction... but we still need DBs, we need impact LBs too

Also, with the signing of Oliver, we're clearly shifting to more two TE sets anyway, 2WR sets, will improve the run game and open things up for passing anyway. Literally the LAST position this team needed was WR.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Does nothing unless you improve the personnel.
Zimmer was a great defensive coach, but nobody can squeeze blood from a stone.
Peterson and Danzler were addition by subtraction... but we still need DBs, we need impact LBs too

Also, with the signing of Oliver, we're clearly shifting to more two TE sets anyway, 2WR sets, will improve the run game and open things up for passing anyway. Literally the LAST position this team needed was WR.
And i dont agree with that at all, WR was a need and clearly the coaching staff and Kwesi thought the same thing. KJ has one more year left on his deal and is probably gone, i doubt we resign him with JJ about to be the highest paid WR in the NFL.

Great Addison can stay out on the field when we run 12 personnel, he can play the outside as well.

We have improved the personnel... Marcus Davenport and Byron Murphy are real players. Do they both come with concerns with their injury history? Yes. Did we "win" FA with these signings? No but dont be surprised when these players are making plays this season. Murphy has the inside outside versatility but will more than likely play the slot and fills that need. Davenport may not be a star and may not have a huge package of pass rushing moves but will win with power and is a good run defender, and has the versatility to play all along the DL, hes a real player when healthy, his pressure rate is near identical to Danielle and Big Z.

Getting Lewis Cine back, a hopefully healthy Akayleb Evans and having Brian Asamoah replace EK all help with improving the personnel. Both Evans and BA33 flashed in their limited playing time last year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And i dont agree with that at all, WR was a need and clearly the coaching staff and Kwesi thought the same thing. KJ has one more year left on his deal and is probably gone, i doubt we resign him with JJ about to be the highest paid WR in the NFL.

Great Addison can stay out on the field when we run 12 personnel, he can play the outside as well.

We have improved the personnel... Marcus Davenport and Byron Murphy are real players. Do they both come with concerns with their injury history? Yes. Did we "win" FA with these signings? No but dont be surprised when these players are making plays this season. Murphy has the inside outside versatility but will more than likely play the slot and fills that need. Davenport may not be a star and may not have a huge package of pass rushing moves but will win with power and is a good run defender, and has the versatility to play all along the DL, hes a real player when healthy, his pressure rate is near identical to Danielle and Big Z.

Getting Lewis Cine back, a hopefully healthy Akayleb Evans and having Brian Asamoah replace EK all help with improving the personnel. Both Evans and BA33 flashed in their limited playing time last year.
Shelley was better than Evans last year and I think you're giving Asamoah way more credit than he flashed.

You and I clearly aren't going to agree on this one at all... but whatever.

Meh pick that doesn't move the needle for me what so ever. I'd have been happier taking Levi... and even that would've been uninspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad