OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Favre 2nd round

Favre also. But I wonder how many qbs there were that have been selected in later rounds and then how many of them actually turned into franchise quarterbacks like a Brady or Favre? I'm not going to take the time to research, but my guess is the "hit rate" is quite low. Kind of like getting a Kaprizov in the 5th round. It happens, but very rarely.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Favre also. But I wonder how many qbs there were that have been selected in later rounds and then how many of them actually turned into franchise quarterbacks like a Brady or Favre? I'm not going to take the time to research, but my guess is the "hit rate" is quite low. Kind of like getting a Kaprizov in the 5th round. It happens, but very rarely.
That goes without saying. Especially considering how insanely long the draft used to be.
Brad Johnson was a 9th round pick.

Even 1st round QBs have a large failure rate.

That's why you need to draft them far more frequently than Slick Rick ever did.
Give yourself as many opportunities as possible.

Reactions: MuckOG

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
That goes without saying. Especially considering how insanely long the draft used to be.
Brad Johnson was a 9th round pick.

Even 1st round QBs have a large failure rate.

That's why you need to draft them far more frequently than Slick Rick ever did.
Give yourself as many opportunities as possible.
I’d also be interested in the parses of drafting a QB from a prolific school (D1) vs a D2 school. I thought I read somewhere that D2 QBs had a higher propensity to turn out BUT usually didn’t have as high of ceilings.

Reactions: TaLoN

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I'm not a fan of pinstripes but the other sets look great, a big improvement on what they wore last year, to me.
I’m not a fan of the pinstripes either and I think that’s what drew me away from then the most and those are the only unis I saw. I’m not a fan of that either M with a star above it looks like a lazy design to me. The classic TC combo is just so clean looking to me. I also had a hard time reading the “Twins” across their chest too. I know that’s just me but still don’t think it looked good.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Man, obviously it's not as shitty as getting hit by an actual pitch like that... but a pitcher that isn't actually trying to do that has to feel terrible right after.

Ouch.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
That Farmer injury just sucks... Hard to see that. He had been having such a great start to the season too. I think I heard a stat during the game the other day that the White Sox have hit more batters than any other team to begin the season.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
What is this Twins game right now?
Julian hitting a single and homerun in one inning in his first two major league at bats. Also Michael A. Taylor hitting two homeruns and the Twins batting around in the first against the Yankees. These things just don't happen.. This is a sign. Whether it is a sign we won't score a single run against the Yankees the rest of the year or more fortuitous circumstances remains to be seen. Until I see differently I am going to lean toward the curse finally be exorcised.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You going into hibernation? Seems a bit late...

Like, you should go in October, instead of April:laugh:
When it comes to the Twins? Sure. No real reason to pay attention to baseball at all in April. Most teams look at anything before June as just tune-up time... just need to stay close, so when they get into gear sometime in June, they are ready for the real race.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
I like baseball in April. At least in April we are still in the race.. And I guess I just miss baseball over the winter.

In any case I will take a win against the Yankees, especially a big win any day of the week. We have had such little success against them pretty much my whole life as a sports fan. I'm clinging on to anything I can here! lol

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
It feels like this Twolves game is giving me all the feelings I expect from the wild games

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Sad to see once again.. Hopefully tonight proves differently for our Wild.

Playoff feelings are in the air. Optimism still reigns supreme prior to game one.
I was optimistic last year , this year I am filled with the feeling that is so familiar. An expectation of disappointment and knowing I’ll be caring just a little bit less next year. It’s the reality of MN sports. I’m not sure how much longer I can hang on without one shred of post season success in what amounts to basically my entire adult life from our 4 major franchises. It’s nearly impossible to consider it’s been 20 years since the wild went on a legit run. The vikes have ultimately been a massive disappointment and the twins and wolves? Literally near lottery odds of being as inept as they’ve been yet somehow they’ve pulled it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad