Non-Hockey Sports Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
New one every year...

Brewster was a moron.
God I hated him so much. I'm glad the hockey team was pretty good during the years I was at the U. People would rather study in their spare time then think of going to the football games.

So far I am liking Fleck. He has all the rara that Brewster did, but actually has a track record of it working. The fact that he is getting better and better recruits from all over is huge.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, but Brewster always got top recruits, also. Fleck...I'll wait and see, but he sounds just like Brewster, to me.

BTW, still loving Sloter, and Simien looks like nothing, to me.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Brewster had done absolutely nothing before becoming a head coach. Fleck took Western Michigan to the Cotton Bowl.

I don't get the whole schtick that he has but if it works for the college-aged guys then go crazy. Maybe they have something here with the new QB but we'll see...it's been so tough to watch for years and years without someone who can throw the ball.

Reactions: TaLoN

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Pretty crazy that our QB is the second true freshman walk-on to start opening day for a Power 5 school ever. The only other one was Baker Mayfield at Texas Tech before he transferred.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Other than the "Ax Game" Gopher football isn't on my radar at all. So what are the expectations for them this year?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah no one really cares about Gopher football around here to be honest. Agree that I wouldn't get excited yet and would expect another mediocre season.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Brewster had done absolutely nothing before becoming a head coach. Fleck took Western Michigan to the Cotton Bowl.

I don't get the whole schtick that he has but if it works for the college-aged guys then go crazy. Maybe they have something here with the new QB but we'll see...it's been so tough to watch for years and years without someone who can throw the ball.
I think being so young really helps him relate to his players more. He can be a bit over the top with his enthusiasm at times, but he's not a stupid quote machine like Brewster was.

Not going get my hopes up. New Mexico State is absolute garbage.
A big difference is how the points were scored this year. This team has struggled passing the ball even against so called power puff squads and had to rely almost entirely on the running game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Twins are getting no-hit threw 7, actually KC is working on a perfect game. An oddity is they have only k'd twice so far.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Gophers are looking pretty darn good so far. This Fresno State team is supposed to be the one they had slated for a New Years Day game out of the "Other 5"

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That is indeed rather odd. Hopefully we can break it up here.

Headed into the bottom of the 9th and their pitcher is sitting right at 100 pitches. I don't have a vested interest in this game, but I turned it on because it's something that doesn't happen very often. Dugout shots of the pitchers in this situation are fun.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
A walk breaks up the perfect game.

Then a single breaks up the no-hitter.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
A walk breaks up the perfect game.

Then a single breaks up the no-hitter.

Yeah, I would have been watching it if the Gophers had not been playing. I'm glad we broke it up. It definitely is fun watching the pitcher in the dugout when historic things like this are in the process of maybe happening. the way the Twins season has gone you have to really appreciate anything historic that happens for or against. lol

Gophers have to bear down here. Fresno State finally is able to score. Hopefully we can have a nice drive here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad