OT: Non Hockey Olympic Thread

Wetcoaster

So like Vancouver 2010, Sochi 2014 also had an Opening Ceremony malfunction.

Only four out of five snowflakes blossomed into Olympic rings:

37696_G08_W01.jpg

In Vancouver only three of the four legs of the cauldron/torch rose up from the floor.

BTW CBC is replaying the opening ceremonies at 5pm Pacific.

It is also online at the CBC Sochi website:
http://olympics.cbc.ca/videos/live/video/olympic-opening-ceremony.html

37538_G08_W01.jpg

37541_G08_W01.jpg

Wetcoaster

So, anyone else here think that defending Olympics Champion in Snowboard Cross, Maëlle Ricker is almost a dead ringer (~90%) vis-à-vis The Duchess of Cambridge or her sister for that matter?

mkj8xu.jpg
Nope.

Solidius

#TankLivesMatter
Jul 7, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
So the Philippines sent their first Olympian in 20 years, Michael Christian Martinez, who is a year younger than my brother and I find that so weird to comprehend because I'm 22 but I still feel like a teenager.

I was planning to root for him based on the whole motherland thing but I'm going to fill my Filipino cheering quota with Gilmore Junio.

And then obviously I can't root for Celski because America.

EDIT: Holy crap they played the trolololol song.

EDIT 2: Were Maclean and Mansbridge aware that they were audible during the entire online feed?

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
A medal is a medal. Mcmorris wasnt 100 percent. It possible judge favour us? They could appear it

McMorris had a nice run.
He did not receive any favours.
In fact...
He may have been even scored lower.
However...
I am an amateur...
But that is what I see...
From an uneducated point of view.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
McMorris had a nice run.
He did not receive any favours.
In fact...
He may have been even scored lower.
However...
I am an amateur...
But that is what I see...
From an uneducated point of view.

I just watched a rerun of the final. The Danish commentators were outright furious. Especially when Sandberg didn't get the gold after his final run. According to them, who have actual knowledge of the sport unlike me, Sandberg, McMorris and Parrot should have been the podium. The words scandal and ****ing disgrace were used several times. I think someone called it a victory for Kotsenberg and a loss for snowboard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad