News: Nolan Patrick on LTIR

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Lindros? his career was killed by Scott Stevens
FTFY
I wouldn't consider them the same. At least Lindros had a good, albeit short, career. He was hyped up to be the next "big one", but like most power forwards, he simply broke down young and never hit those big numbers that the elite achieve.

I would put him and Crosby on the same category. Great players who were too often sidelined by injuries. You could add Cam Neely and of course my personal fav Wendel Clark to that list.

I think Kluzak is the best comparison Ive seen.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
FTFY
I wouldn't consider them the same. At least Lindros had a good, albeit short, career. He was hyped up to be the next "big one", but like most power forwards, he simply broke down young and never hit those big numbers that the elite achieve.

I would put him and Crosby on the same category. Great players who were too often sidelined by injuries. You could add Cam Neely and of course my personal fav Wendel Clark to that list.

I think Kluzak is the best comparison Ive seen.

Lindros is one of the most overrated players of all time due to his draft hype. His pro career was very disapointing compared to that partly due to his injuries. Crosby has had a very successful career in contrast with 3 cups and a bunch of major awards. His, Crosbys, career could have been even better without the injuries but he is certainly not one of those "what could have been" players.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
No I mean the beautiful wives part.
That's just girls being dumb and preferring someone with a 6pack over someone with a mich bigger one pack.
Athletes in general get the beauty. I don't think many AHLers make over 100K unless they have NHL connections.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Lindros is one of the most overrated players of all time due to his draft hype. His pro career was very disapointing compared to that partly due to his injuries. Crosby has had a very successful career in contrast with 3 cups and a bunch of major awards. His, Crosbys, career could have been even better without the injuries but he is certainly not one of those "what could have been" players.
Fake News. Look at Lindros's per game stats and he's right up there with some of the games best.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

You can say a lot of about Eric Lindros but overrated is not one of them

If you watched him play, he had no weakness. He could do it all and he did it all
I hated him playing against the Leafs.

You are going to see a player who can score, stick handle but you'll never see a player like Eric Lindros again.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You clearly didn’t watch Lindros play if you think he’s overrated.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
You clearly didn’t watch Lindros play if you think he’s overrated.

Its not that I don't think he was a great player but the fact that some people think he would have been in Lemieux territory without the injuries is a bit hyperbole. And yes I have read this and similar takes multiple times on this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Looking at his career such as it was, he never had a single healthy season even going back to juniors. He missed a big part of his pre-draft season and going to the World Juniors. Despite that he still went 2nd overall. I think even the most injury prone players had a chance to show what they could do at some level.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I wonder what Tuomo Ruutu could have been without injuries

But, he played the game the way he played, he was a living wrecking ball
and his style of play got him injured all the time.

Until this day, he is still the most exiting player ever
come from Finland, how he played that is.

also, one of the strongest hockey players ever,
what comes to strength

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Looking at his career such as it was, he never had a single healthy season even going back to juniors. He missed a big part of his pre-draft season and going to the World Juniors. Despite that he still went 2nd overall. I think even the most injury prone players had a chance to show what they could do at some level.
Patrick’s career went down after the labrum injury he suffered during the Playoffs in 2016. Never a healthy season since then. Should have been a high 2C in the mold of a Ryan Johansen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00