News: Nolan Patrick on LTIR

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
I can’t really remember a top prospect ever having this many career threatening injuries this often and this young.
I wanna say Gord Kluzak, he had 11 knee surgeries by the time he retired at 27. he missed the entirety of 2 of his 6 first seasons and only played a handful of games in his last 3 seasons. not head injuries. but did pretty much finish his career early

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I can’t really remember a top prospect ever having this many career threatening injuries this often and this young.
Patrice Bergeron comes to mind, had a very tough start and lots of talk about whether he was going to be able to continue playing or not.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
One of the players i really like, cant explain why but holy shit is he unlucky. I REALLY hope he still comes back and gets a good scoring year and a fat contract after that. (and by fat i mean like 3x3 or something)

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Even when healthy he wasn't good. He never looked promising. At most he looked like a third liner. But even then his lack of foot speed made him not so ideal
Being cleared to play does not mean healthy. When you are skating on white ice with strong lights beaming on you it still isn't going to be very helpful for your migraines regardless of being technically cleared.

I don't think we ever got to see his real potential as a player outside of junior because it was hindered.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
It’s his fault he’s had terrible injuries? I’d say trading for guys like Ristolainen and then the re-signing him after paying to get rid of a better D in Ghost has set them back much more
Replace Patrick with any of the three players drafted after him and the flyers are in an entirely different place

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He is set. Made more money than any of us normal people could've made in our lifetimes and have you seen his wife?! Absolutely gorgeous.

Hockey players are so lucky.
You mean NHL players... 99% of hockey players aren't that lucky especially the ones that choose hockey over school and never become NHLers.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
You mean NHL players... 99% of hockey players aren't that lucky especially the ones that choose hockey over school and never become NHLers.

Solid AHL players make around 150-400K Gross USD playing in the minors do that for 3-5 seasons you are set, with the right financial planning. KHL also used to be a good league to make a decent buck playing hockey but i'm sure thats gone the trash now.

But you are right most kids that pursue professional hockey go broke.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Have injuries ever toppled a top prospect to this level before?
Yes. Gord Kluzak. First overall 1982. Played two seasons. Missed a year. then 70 games then missed a year then 66 games and then 13 games total over the next 3 years.
9 years averaging 33 games a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad