News: Nolan Patrick on LTIR

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Replace Patrick with any of the three players drafted after him and the flyers are in an entirely different place
And again… how is this his fault? When you keep making nonsensical moves like the Flyers have been doing then no one is helping them.

Rick DiPietro
DiPietro was already an established #1G when his real injury trouble’s started

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He's had these injuries since he was a kid. His injuries have held back his game and had two broken collar bones. Gets a third one it's all over for him, god forbid.

I see him getting a job as a scout for Vegas if he retires early though. But sadly I don't think he'll be playing in the NHL before he turns 28.

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019
Is this a migraine thing? I see some commenters talking about concussions but I thought his deal was that he had migraines and couldn't get rid of them.

Or maybe it's both and they're related?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We don't know for certain if this is Vegas cap shenanigans or Patrick being injured, but if he's going to be stashed away on LTIR, maybe he can get fully healthy and be ready to take another crack at it in 2023-24. He's still young.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Hope the kid has good people around him and he's doing okay. I can't even imagine what he might be going through most days.

2nd overall pick in the NHL hoping to be a guy who turns around an NHL Team and live out your dream. To now your career likely being over at 23 and you now have debilitating lingering injuries that derailed that career. On top of the physical pain a lot of people have depression and disassociation from PCS.

Must be a living nightmare a lot of days.

We don't know for certain if this is Vegas cap shenanigans or Patrick being injured, but if he's going to be stashed away on LTIR, maybe he can get fully healthy and be ready to take another crack at it in 2023-24. He's still young.

Come on, this can't be serious....

Plus the GM said something about just trying to help him live a normal life.

Reactions: Edenjung

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Patrick has a 1 year/1.2m deal, it doesn’t open that space.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
That was a pretty dumb trade all and all for Vegas.
1660530258930.gif

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The Avs wanted him over Makar. Philly did us a solid winning that lottery.

bummer his career hasn’t worked out. Concussions?
He has really severe migranes and has one bad looking concussion early on in his career from a Kurtis Gabriel hit. It may only be the migranes and not concussion related. Or maybe they are. Who knows? A bad concussion I am sure didn't help.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
The Avs wanted him over Makar. Philly did us a solid winning that lottery.

bummer his career hasn’t worked out. Concussions?

AVs seemed more interested with Hischier or Heiskanen.

If they had the 3rd pick then Patrick could have been the choice, yet, he missed his final Junior season with significant injuries including Migraines. Playing with this problem 1 mile above sea level immediately created concerns. So, Makar still be the choice.

Losing the draft never felt so good....:partytime:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think the kid is still suffering from migraines to a degree and Vegas is looking to milk the LTIR for all its worth.
Yes, Patrick’s huge 1.2m cap hit on LTIR will make a huge difference when a different forward takes his spot.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad