News: Nolan Patrick on LTIR

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If it's been bugging him since the start of LAST season, you got to figure this kid is done. He still has 50-60 years left of life, retire now and stay healthy for those years.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
more cap space for vegas?

That could be deadly

Come on down Kadri?
The VGK can probably afford him, but wouldn't have money for a second quality goalie to split time with Logan Thompson. Still, it is intriguing, and Kadri would take home about 8% more in Nevada than New York because the former doesn't have state income taxes.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I used to get migraines twice a year when I was younger, but now I'm able to spot the signs early and take preventative measures and haven't gotten a full blown one in a few years (knock on wood).

Can't imagine getting them daily, or even weekly! I would be no less than depressed and probably suicidal. They are just so debilitating and would make it impossible to live a normal life. Really hope he can get a handle on them!

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I used to get migraines twice a year when I was younger, but now I'm able to spot the signs early and take preventative measures and haven't gotten a full blown one in a few years (knock on wood).

Can't imagine getting them daily, or even weekly! I would be no less than depressed and probably suicidal. They are just so debilitating and would make it impossible to live a normal life. Really hope he can get a handle on them!
do tell

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
He is set. Made more money than any of us normal people could've made in our lifetimes and have you seen his wife?! Absolutely gorgeous.

Hockey players are so lucky.
When you can't do the thing you spent all your life working towards and have to deal with ongoing health issues, money isn't going to buy happiness.

Reactions: Mister Ed

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
When you can't do the thing you spent all your life working towards and have to deal with ongoing health issues, money isn't going to buy happiness.

Will beautiful women buy one happiness? Heck, women might even help the recovery process.

e.g. I mean Justin Verlander missed all of last season due to injury. He played a single game the year before that. This year, he's back....and all of a sudden he's in the running for the AL Cy Young at the spry age of 39.
(But most importantly, his wife is model Kate Hudson).

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
He was really good until Scott Stevens effectively ended his career.

Lindros had a number of known concussions while a Flyer, it wasn’t just the Stevens hit.

His 1999-00 season is a cautionary tale on how not to manage concussions, Lindros had multiple ones that season. He got stripped of Captaincy for publicly criticizing the team’s medical staff and management. The Stevens hit was his 4th concussions in four months.

He managed to be a PPG player in his first season with the Rangers after taking a year off. His third and last season in NY ended with this Jason Doig hit.

This is the clip of the hit and fight, later on he doesn’t feel well and realized it was another concussion.

His brief time with the Leafs was ended by a wrist injury and surgery.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Lindros had a number of known concussions while a Flyer, it wasn’t just the Stevens hit.

His 1999-00 season is a cautionary tale on how not to manage concussions, Lindros had multiple ones that season. He got stripped of Captaincy for publicly criticizing the team’s medical staff and management. The Stevens hit was his 4th concussions in four months.

He managed to be a PPG player in his first season with the Rangers after taking a year off. His third and last season in NY ended with this Jason Doig hit.

This is the clip of the hit and fight, later on he doesn’t feel well and realized it was another concussion.

His brief time with the Leafs was ended by a wrist injury and surgery.

He put Doig on his back so easy there.

Reactions: Guttersniped

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Getting to the point he might as well retire before he totally ruins his post hockey living with long term damage to his body.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Will beautiful women buy one happiness? Heck, women might even help the recovery process.

e.g. I mean Justin Verlander missed all of last season due to injury. He played a single game the year before that. This year, he's back....and all of a sudden he's in the running for the AL Cy Young at the spry age of 39.
(But most importantly, his wife is model Kate Hudson).
Kate Upton. I remember when he was with the Detroit Tigers his teammate was Justin Upton lol.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
This looks like a mutual decision by Patrick and Vegas.

The Golden Knights are effectively cutting ties with the player without paying a penalty (they're not qualifying him next season).

He gets to take some well needed time off and determine with doctors if he gives it another go next season or retires.

Making it for the entire year makes it more predictable for vegas and puts less pressure on Patrick.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
If i feel one coming on i sometimes have enough time to get in a completely dark room with a hot rag over the front and back of my head. Usually lessens the severity and length. Have to catch it early though. Extreme light sensitivity with the twinge of a headache is usually the warning sign for me. Also pain starts in a weird spot in my head compared to just normal headaches.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I was surprised Vegas gave him a 2 year deal. Probably just doing the kid a favor.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Sad news for Patrick. Hopefully hes able to put together some type of a life if hes not able to play again competitively.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sad news for Patrick. Hopefully hes able to put together some type of a life if hes not able to play again competitively.

His family is wealthy at least so he'll live a comfortable life regardless of the hockey. I do hope he can play again though. The Flyers curse is real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad