Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think he's solid but yeah. I was surprised at how many people were raving about him. I thought he was solid. I think Fleury has more upside. I'm not as meh on him as you but losing a year will be tough. If he can get faster I think he can possibly be a #4. He has decent puck skills and thought he made good decisions with the puck.
Not sure, I really never saw much of anything from him.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What’s wrong with a bottom pairing defenceman in the nhl? Not everyone who gets drafted turns into an all star. Even first round picks can be career 3rd or 4th liners. Doesn’t mean their busts.
You don't want your first round picks to end up as bottom players. 1st or 31st, you're looking to get more out of those guys. If not, hopefully you move them out when they have higher value. It's quite easy to find bottom depth around the league.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
What’s wrong with a bottom pairing defenceman in the nhl? Not everyone who gets drafted turns into an all star. Even first round picks can be career 3rd or 4th liners. Doesn’t mean their busts.
NHL players = Products.

PS: Unfortunately...

Jul 6, 2016
Won't play next Laval's game..... He got the flu now, they say.......

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
T
NHL players = Products.

PS: Unfortunately...
the fact that they MAKE the nhl and become regulars is impressive on its own. I don’t think anyone drafting even in the first round thinks the guys are going to be top line players. Not every time. Sure there’s exceptions but there’s a ton of guys who don’t make it or carve out long careers as bottom guys.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Was he good in his 2 games so far ?

As I posted elsewhere, I heard a live interview with Joel Bouchard this morning, where he was asked for a Juulsen update.

Bouchard said Juulsen played OK vs Hartford.

However, he had a real good game vs. Providence, esp. also that it was a back to back game.

He was very consistent both with and without the puck vs. Providence. Says it will take some time given that he hasn’t played for almost one year.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I hope Juulsen recovers and has a nice career. He didn't look out of place at all last year, and who knows what we would be saying about him if he hadn't gone down. Maybe our bottom 6 wouldn't be such a rotating tire fire.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Beaulieu has raw skill and produced in Saint John but on a good team. When I watched him in the Q (pre-draft), I was not blown away. Same as Baron this year with the Mooseheads. I'm laughing at how some think its a deep draft and Baron is ranked 10 (even on Bob's list). We won't know if this is a deep draft until we get to see what these 17 and 18 year olds do this season. Lets look at it come March ish.

When did I know Beaulieu was meh for sure... When I watched him at the WJC and noticed the hesitation in his game and bad puck management. I though he was a decent prospect and would be a good piece for us but a top 4D stud? It was a lot of hope

Sergachev is like Beaulieu in terms of hockey IQ but scores more and has more offensive tools IMO. Lightning are grooming him slowly and they are smart

If back to 100% health, what is your projection for Juulsen?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Juulsen played a decent game against Hartford, you can see that he is a cut above but is still working on getting in game shape. His timing is coming back. I hope his eye injury is behind him for good

Andrew Zadernowski on tsn690 this morning saying he's been playing really well in Laval and will be ready for a call up soon.

Would be great if he could play the left side next to Fleury.

Jul 6, 2016
Andrew Zadernowski on tsn690 this morning saying he's been playing really well in Laval and will be ready for a call up soon.

Very hard for a RHD to play on the left side. While LHD adapt very well playing on the right side.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Very hard for a RHD to play on the left side. While LHD adapt very well playing on the right side.
seems right statistically, but what is the causal factor behind the statistics?

Are there less RHD playing LD and more LHD playing RD simply because there are less RHD overall? Or is there some other reason?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
seems right statistically, but what is the causal factor behind the statistics?

Are there less RHD playing LD and more LHD playing RD simply because there are less RHD overall? Or is there some other reason?
That's the reason. Most LHD got to play RD at some point in their life while RHD usually stay at RD due to LHD being more frequent.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Did they say they would be playing Juulsen on the left side if called up or if Juulsen has been practicing on the left side for Laval? Otherwise, we've got a problem. A nice one. Something is going to have to give on the right side.

Plus, Juulsen will need to be protected in the expansion draft. If he's ready to move up, then they have to play him -- and at least they're going to see for themselves if he's the Juulsen of old. I don't know how that will jive with Fleury, who has been taking huge strides of his own.

Reactions: 26Mats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad