Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Olofsson and Juulsen are two guys with a lot of potential who have been written out because of injuries, everything they accomplish is just gravy at that point.

Reactions: Trash Man

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm told that @Adam Michaels is going to put up this frame again, now that Noah is back.

6JktWKe.jpg

:sarcasm:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Jul 6, 2016
Juulsen was just given the green light to come back to play. He will re-start with Laval.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Juulsen has joined Laval in Milwaukee. He skated with McCarron after Laval's morning skate. Marcotte reports that Juulsen is fully recovered. He said that the road to recovery was very long, but that he was never discouraged.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Juulsen has joined Laval in Milwaukee. He skated with McCarron after Laval's morning skate. Marcotte reports that Juulsen is fully recovered. He said that the road to recovery was very long, but that he was never discouraged.

Bouchard saying Juulsen should play Wednesday

https://www.rds.ca/hockey/rocket/des-progres-tres-positifs-pour-ryan-poehling-1.6977351
Juulsen : un retour mercredi?
Le Rocket a disputé cinq matchs depuis que Noah Juulsen a rejoint l’équipe le 11 octobre à Milwaukee. Le défenseur de 22 ans n’en a disputé aucun.

Joël Bouchard assure toutefois que l’absence répétée de Juulsen dans sa formation partante est circonstancielle et n’est pas reliée aux problèmes de santé qui l’ont affligé depuis l’an dernier.
« Quand on s’est assis avec le groupe d’entraîneurs et les préparateurs physiques, on trouvait qu’il n’avait juste pas eu assez d’entraînement avec l’équipe, a justifié l’entraîneur. Quand tu joues cinq matchs en huit soirs, avec un voyage dans le milieu de tout ça, le niveau de pratique que tu peux avoir est minime et quand tu en as, c’est court. Ce n’était pas des situations où on sentait que Noah en avait eu assez pour entrer dans une séquence de deux matchs en deux soirs. »
« Il est à 100% partout, mais il faut le mettre dans des situations gagnantes », a plaidé Bouchard, notant que Juulsen « devrait être correct » pour jouer mercredi contre les Senators de Belleville.
À l’entraînement lundi, Juulsen formait toujours une paire avec le Tchèque David Sklenicka, qui a été laissé de côté dans les cinq derniers matchs des siens.

in english

Juulsen: a return Wednesday?
The Rocket has played five games since Noah Juulsen joined the team on Oct. 11 in Milwaukee. The 22-year-old defenseman did not play any.

Joël Bouchard assures however that the repeated absence of Juulsen in his starting formation is circumstantial and is not related to the health problems which have afflicted it since last year.
"When we sat down with the group of coaches and physical trainers, we found that he had just not had enough training with the team," the coach said. When you play five games in eight nights, with a trip in the middle of all that, the level of practice you can have is minimal and when you have it, it's short. These were not situations where Noah felt that he had had enough to get into a two-game stretch in two nights. "
"It's 100% everywhere, but it must be put in winning situations," said Bouchard, noting that Juulsen "should be correct" to play Wednesday against the Belleville Senators.
In training on Monday, Juulsen was still a pair with the Czech David Sklenicka, who was left out in the last five games of his own.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Man I hope he recovers 100% and goes on to a decent NHL career.

Yes, that would be great. Would suck to have a career end so early. I'm also rooting for Olofsson.

And on a totally different note, would be great if Juulsen could recover 100% and be able to play the left side, this year, in MTL...

Reactions: jaffy27 and Tyson

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Yes, that would be great. Would suck to have a career end so early. I'm also rooting for Olofsson.

And on a totally different note, would be great if Juulsen could recover 100% and be able to play the left side, this year, in MTL...
Never seen Juulsen play LD.
Are you sure about that?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Never seen Juulsen play LD.
Are you sure about that?

When Souray kept breaking his wrist, when he finally came back, his shot was even harder and he broke the NHL record for most power play goals by a dman - (being fed by Markov did help).

Perhaps Juulsen comes back from his eye injury with a new perspective that allows him to play the left side??? Probably not. Really, I just want to see our left side improved.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
When Souray kept breaking his wrist, when he finally came back, his shot was even harder and he broke the NHL record for most power play goals by a dman - (being fed by Markov did help).

Perhaps Juulsen comes back from his eye injury with a new perspective that allows him to play the left side??? Probably not. Really, I just want to see our left side improved.

Petry could probably play LD given his mobility and vision, not sure I’d want to reduce his effectiveness though.. he’s been better than Weber for while now.

Hope Juulsen makes a full recovery and somehow makes Weber expendable in the future.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Petry could probably play LD given his mobility and vision, not sure I’d want to reduce his effectiveness though.. he’s been better than Weber for while now.

Hope Juulsen makes a full recovery and somehow makes Weber expendable in the future.

The future is coming very quickly with Juulsen and Fleury likely ready at the latest by the start of next season, and Brook perhaps as well. Though it wouldn't hurt Brook to spend an extra year in the AHL.

Petry will be up for a new contract the year after that (2021-2022). He'll turn 34 in December 2021. Not sure I want to invest in a 34 year old dman, especially at the salary he'll command. I think we should move Weber and Petry when they're hot, and go with Brook, Juulsen, and Fleury in 2020-2021. Try to get a true stud #1 D prospect for Weber and/or Petry.

We have good depth of d prospects, but likely no number 1. (Romanov, Brook, Mete, Juulsen, Struble, Fleury, Harris, Norlinder, Fairbrother, Leskinen, Leguerrier).

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The future is coming very quickly with Juulsen and Fleury likely ready at the latest by the start of next season, and Brook perhaps as well. Though it wouldn't hurt Brook to spend an extra year in the AHL.

Petry will be up for a new contract the year after that (2021-2022). He'll turn 34 in December 2021. Not sure I want to invest in a 34 year old dman, especially at the salary he'll command. I think we should move Weber and Petry when they're hot, and go with Brook, Juulsen, and Fleury in 2020-2021. Try to get a true stud #1 D prospect for Weber and/or Petry.

We have good depth of d prospects, but likely no number 1. (Romanov, Brook, Mete, Juulsen, Struble, Fleury, Harris, Norlinder, Fairbrother, Leskinen, Leguerrier).
Fleury is playing right now and Juulsen has played last year... both are ready.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Juulsen should be good to go Wednesday vs. Belleville, further to Bouchard's presser following the Rocket's practise.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bouchard was asked why Juulsen didn't play over the past weekend.

« Quand on s’est assis avec le groupe d’entraîneurs, les préparateurs physiques et Noah, on trouvait qu’il n’avait juste pas assez eu de séances d’entraînement en équipe et de charge de travail d’un match. Quand tu joues cinq matchs en huit soirs avec un voyage dans le milieu de ça, le niveau de pratique que tu peux avoir est minime et quand tu en as, c’est 30 minutes. Ce n’était pas des situations où l’on feelait que Noah avait eu assez de situations de matchs pour le rentrer dans deux matchs en deux soirs. Il est à 100 % partout, mais il faut les mettre dans des situations gagnantes. C’est notre travail aussi. Noah était d’accord, il trouvait que malheureusement il n’avait pas eu assez de situations de jeu, mais là, il devrait être correct pour mercredi. »

TRANSLATION: Bouchard says that when he sat with his assistant coaches, physical trainers and Juulsen, they came to the conclusion that Juulsen hadn't had enough team training sessions and had not had enough of a game-type workload. When you're playing 5 games in 8 days with a road trip in the middle of it, the type of practising that you can have is limited and when you can fit one, it's for 30 minutes. These aren't instances where we felt that Juulsen had gone through enough game olay situations to be able to enter the lineup with two games in two nights. He's at 100% on all aspects, however you have to provide him with winning conditions. It's also what our work entails. Juuslen was in agreement with this, he found that unfortunately, he hadn't gone through enough game play situations, however now, he should be good to go on Wednesday.

Noah Juulsen devrait être de retour mercredi - 25Stanley

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
May the force be with Juulsen. Come back stronger. Been throughout all the emotions. From the get go, without any hesitation, he's giving his body and soul day in and day out. Whatever the circumstances, hockey is always his drug. He always answer present on ice. Given up isn't in his nature.

Reactions: sandviper

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
What do you have in mind?

Chiarot-Juulsen

or

Juulsen-Fleury

I’d go chairot-juulsen. Two rookies on the same pairing together with one playing his offside is a recipe for disaster. As much as I like fleury there would be no room with juulsen in the lineup. We are so clogged up on the right side

Reactions: dralaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad