Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
If we're dropping Hamrlik comparisons I think the Noah Juulsen hype might be getting a tad out of hand... Juulsen has 14 points in 71 professional games. At the same age Hamrlik put up 65 points and was already a veteran in his 4th NHL season.

Like, I get that the comparison on a superficial level is "ideally a 2nd pair D that can play up a pair if necessary" but Hamrlik was a hell of a player and that is a reaaaaal stretch to even compare the two.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
If we're dropping Hamrlik comparisons I think the Noah Juulsen hype might be getting a tad out of hand... Juulsen has 14 points in 71 professional games. At the same age Hamrlik put up 65 points and was already a veteran in his 4th NHL season.

Like, I get that the comparison on a superficial level is "ideally a 2nd pair D that can play up a pair if necessary" but Hamrlik was a hell of a player and that is a reaaaaal stretch to even compare the two.
Hamrlik was a top, top prospect when he came over.

Juulsen just skates like Hamrlik, somewhat slowly, that's where the comparisons end.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Agree. Juulsen is nowhere as good offensively as was Hamrlik.

Juulsen will be more of a 20-25 pts and 20min d-man.

That would be tremendous. Would make him an easy no.4 and possibly a no.3D.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Juulsen vs Hamrlik only fits when you look at Hamrlik's career towards the half way point on. Hamrlik's career in his 20's was definitely a much higher ceiling vs Juulsen. Not a knock on Juulsen because Hamrlik was very good in his youth. Then he became a steady reliable guy in the 2nd half of his career.

I like Juulsen vs Vlasic type comparison more.

When is Juulsen coming back?

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC

To be fair, Hamrlik already had that experience because he was a first overall pick on a brand new franchise that didn't have players to replace him with. He didn't necessarily have to earn anything like a regular rookie would.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Juulsen vs Hamrlik only fits when you look at Hamrlik's career towards the half way point on. Hamrlik's career in his 20's was definitely a much higher ceiling vs Juulsen. Not a knock on Juulsen because Hamrlik was very good in his youth. Then he became a steady reliable guy in the 2nd half of his career.

yeah people aren't taking into account no.1 pick Hamrlik and the Hamrlik that came to the Habs. Hamrlik was no offensive dynamo with us. I remember when Markov was injured he actually kind of stepped it up a bit in that department. I actually think Juulsen has shown more offense to his game than the Hammer who played with the Habs. Hammer was absolutely rock solid defensively with us no doubt.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

This week. Most likely not before sunday.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My guess

Kulak-Weber
Schlemko*/Benn-Petry
Reilly/Benn-Juulsen

* Hope he's traded soon.

If Schlemko is traded:

Kulak-Weber
Benn-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen

I tend to agree. I actually don't mind keeping Schlemko in a depth role. The frustrations with him is due to playing him too much. The minute we play him bottom pairing and he sits games here and there, he starts to look better.

But yeah, I think your pairings are close to what they will do.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Hamrlik was also a 1st OA, not exactly a late first rounder. Development isnt linear.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He is going on the trip with the team!! This is good news, probably playing in Chicago sunday by the sounds of it....

Schlemko to the press box!!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He is going on the trip with the team!! This is good news, probably playing in Chicago sunday by the sounds of it....

Schlemko to the press box!!
Its gonna be Reilly or Benn who sit.

And Reilly better have a good game.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
My guess

Kulak-Weber
Schlemko*/Benn-Petry
Reilly/Benn-Juulsen

* Hope he's traded soon.

If Schlemko is traded:

Kulak-Weber
Benn-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen

Horrible.

Might as well call Mete back up and pair him with Petry instead. Reilly-Juulsen will be an excellent 3rd pairing, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad