Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I think Brook could easily have played this year in the NHL and done well. I expect him to have a strong camp and this management team seems to like to rush prospects so I could certainly see him on the team next year, if not from the start then at some point later on.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Juulsen, hopefully he's 100%, just worried about that for now.

Bergevin said yesterday it would be a stretch for him to play this year, but he's 100% confident he'll play next year.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Did he say that their doctors said that, was hoping they would provide a medical update to say what's going on. But in the end as long as he's at 100% next year is all that matters.
Hopefully he comes back strong and better than ever. He seems like a medium offense/high defense type of player, behind Weber-Petry-Benn on the RD depth chart right now. If he steps in next season, we have no room for him on the RD, what do we do? I personally would rather Benn play on the RD, I think he’s been fantastic when on the 3rd pairing on his natural side. With Brook and Fleury coming up on the RD as well, maybe we should think about swapping Juulsen out for an equal asset on LD?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Hopefully he comes back strong and better than ever. He seems like a medium offense/high defense type of player, behind Weber-Petry-Benn on the RD depth chart right now. If he steps in next season, we have no room for him on the RD, what do we do? I personally would rather Benn play on the RD, I think he’s been fantastic when on the 3rd pairing on his natural side. With Brook and Fleury coming up on the RD as well, maybe we should think about swapping Juulsen out for an equal asset on LD?

Benn if ufa and he will probably sign a contract with the team that offers him the biggest contract, which I highly doubt will be us.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Benn if ufa and he will probably sign a contract with the team that offers him the biggest contract, which I highly doubt will be us.

To be honest Benn has been good this season, pretty solid defensively and doesn't create much turnovers with the puck. When it comes to a #6 D or #7 D you can't ask for much more. Anything under $2M for 2-3 years I'm signing Benn for sure.

If Juulsen can't play, then losing Benn will be even more damaging to our 3rd pair.

Worst case scenario, Bergevin can't find a partner for Weber, and ends up signing a ''Schlemko/Alzner'' guy. We lose Benn, and Juulsen is on IR. And we start the year with

Mete - Weber
Sucky UFA - Petry
Reilly - Folin
*Kulak

LAVAL

Alzner - Fleury
Ouellet - Brook
Sklenicka - Lamarche

That's worst case scenario

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
To be honest Benn has been good this season, pretty solid defensively and doesn't create much turnovers with the puck. When it comes to a #6 D or #7 D you can't ask for much more. Anything under $2M for 2-3 years I'm signing Benn for sure.
Agreed, many dmen gets their peak between 30/35 yrs old and I believe Benn can get even better. I'm very impressed with his puck possession this year and his out of nowhere offensive rush, I've never seen him play that good until now.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

If Juulsen can't play, then losing Benn will be even more damaging to our 3rd pair.

Worst case scenario, Bergevin can't find a partner for Weber, and ends up signing a ''Schlemko/Alzner'' guy. We lose Benn, and Juulsen is on IR. And we start the year with

Mete - Weber
Sucky UFA - Petry
Reilly - Folin
*Kulak

LAVAL

Alzner - Fleury
Ouellet - Brook
Sklenicka - Lamarche

Benn can probably get 2.5 M for 4 years in the open market.

If we dont re-sign Benn and Juulsen still cant play, then we can have Brook on the bottom pairing. He looked pretty close to nhl ready in the last training camp/preseason.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Agreed, many dmen gets their peak between 30/35 yrs old and I believe Benn can get even better. I'm very impressed with his puck possession this year and his out of nowhere offensive rush, I've never seen him play that good until now.
I would say that most Dman in today’s game hit there peak around 26-31 and because of experience they can maintain a few years but they aren’t in the prime.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
"Compromised vision" is a funny term when I literally just mentionned my uncle drove a car for twenty years with one eye and being legally blind in the other :laugh:

Oh, well, if your uncle did that, than by all means Noah should be driving around town without a concern.

John B

Nov 19, 2016

Mete - Weber
Sucky UFA - Petry
Reilly - Folin
*Kulak

LAVAL

Alzner - Fleury
Ouellet - Brook
Sklenicka - Lamarche

There's always the option of signing a player to a 1 year deal in free agency as well (he might not be as good as Benn or Juulsen, but he could be a solid stop gap for the time being). I'm not too concerned about finding a 3rd pair guy.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Some reporter troll came up with a "Juulsen's career might be done" article and people think this is closer to the truth vs what the Habs doctors say. Very weird if you ask me.
Of course, pure scum. Journalists are just a bunch of geeks getting in the way of athletes playing sports.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad