Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Great news, I imagine Ouellet gets waived, he's clearly lost his spot to Kulak.

Looking forward to Mete and Juulsen replacing Benn and Schlemko...

We don't need to waive Ouellet until Armia comes back. We could waive a forward in the meantime. Unless management has made a decision on Ouellet and is ready to lose a depth defenseman. We're 9 deep without Ouellet, 10 with him, when you count Mete and Alzner.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Time to start shopping Petry for the manchildmountain
I agree it’s time to shop Petry. He seems to be worse when he doesn’t feel like “the man” on D anyway. That turnover where he wouldn’t pass to Weber was weird.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Did he model underwear while he was injured?

Jul 6, 2016
I agree it’s time to shop Petry. He seems to be worse when he doesn’t feel like “the man” on D anyway. That turnover where he wouldn’t pass to Weber was weird.

Yeah. Petry seems to play worse when he is not the kingpin of the D-Corp. I guess he prefers to feel more involved in a game playing vs opponents' top lines.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
LOL anyone thinking Benn is going anywhere. He was playing 20+ mins a night on pair 1 at one point.

I actually think the team would even dress him over Schlemko at this point.

Unless a trade comes up we will be seeing Benn on the bottom pair this season.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
He's back on the ice and estimated time for return is one week. So he could be back Dec 11 against the Wild. He and Reilly had a good run together, it make sense to pair them again.

Kulak - Weber
Benn/Schlemko - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's back on the ice and estimated time for return is one week. So he could be back Dec 11 against the Wild. He and Reilly had a good run together, it make sense to pair them again.

Kulak - Weber
Benn/Schlemko - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen

but it's Julien so more like Reilly sits as I'd be surprised if he sits one of Benn/Schlemko.

Reactions: 417

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Kulak - Weber
Benn/Schlemko - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen

Kulak will get his shot there. But we've seen many play well for a short stretch and then falter. I hope he and Reilly can reach their potential.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
LOL anyone thinking Benn is going anywhere. He was playing 20+ mins a night on pair 1 at one point.

I actually think the team would even dress him over Schlemko at this point.

Unless a trade comes up we will be seeing Benn on the bottom pair this season.
I’m ok with this, give him the minutes, hope he does well and squeeze out a 3rd rounder for him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How long before management screws up this first round pick? That’s the norm in this organization

Reactions: Mrb1p

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
What's this guy's ceiling? What's his trajectory? I get the feeling that he's a very serious professional, so I'm guessing he'll trend toward his ceiling but I wonder what that is.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Not a big fan tbh. I find offensively he's a black hole and defensively he gets walked two or 3 times every game. His upside to me is a 5-6th dman.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I have him as some kind of Hamrlik. A stabilizing presence that you can rely upon for big minutes against key guy.

Hamrlik was a legit 2 who could step up as a no.1 if need be (and not the Petry sort of "stepping up"). He was very skilled, being a former 1st OA, which Juulsen isn't.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Hamrlik was a legit 2 who could step up as a no.1 if need be (and not the Petry sort of "stepping up"). He was very skilled, being a former 1st OA, which Juulsen isn't.
Hamr never realized on his offensive gifts though. He could never put together a high production type season. He was excellent defensively who chipped in on the score sheet on occasion.

I think Juulsen will be similar. A 2nd pairing guy that's very reliable and consistent.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Hamr never realized on his offensive gifts though. He could never put together a high production type season. He was excellent defensively who chipped in on the score sheet on occasion.

I think Juulsen will be similar. A 2nd pairing guy that's very reliable and consistent.

On occasion?

Hamrlik averaged 30 points per season in his 4 seasons with the Habs, in spite of the fact that he wasn't usually on the 1st unit PP.

Reactions: Andrei79

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
On occasion?

Hamrlik averaged 30 points per season in his 4 seasons with the Habs, in spite of the fact that he wasn't usually on the 1st unit PP.
30 points is solid, but it's nothing special. He was definitely more revered for his defensive game with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->