Speculation: Noah Juulsen on waivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
What would be compensation be? About a $100k?

I do not know the formula for waiver compensation ..... I would guess in the $15,000 to $45,000 range.

I believe it is kept low and insignificant on purpose to promote movement..... and being such a low $ amount (in NHL currency) is why we do not discuss the value of waiver compensation much.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I do not know the formula for waiver compensation ..... I would guess in the $15,000 to $45,000 range.

I believe it is kept low and insignificant on purpose to promote movement..... and being such a low $ amount (in NHL currency) is why we do not discuss the value of waiver compensation much.

I tried to look it up and this is all I could find... When they say experience, I'm guessing they mean pro experience and those AHL seasons count? I'm guessing Juulsen has 3 years of pro experience? Below it says a goaltender with 2 years would cost $90K. Then I wonder, how does that apply to guys like Thornton and Perry where they have more than 9 years but only on low one year deals? :dunno:

dytVxsn.jpg

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
With Stetcher, Biega, Staal, and Merrill as 4 of their 7 d-men....I'm pretty sure Yzerman would take a flyer on Juulsen for the year.

Detroit has Cholowski and Lindstrom as well who would be prioritized over Juulsen. No one is claiming Juulsen

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit has Cholowski and Lindstrom as well who would be prioritized over Juulsen. No one is claiming Juulsen
You still underestimate how terrible Detroit's D is...literally everyone except for Hronek (and maybe Lindstrom because he's still in the "prospect" phase) is replaceable. IF Lindstrom pans out and Seider shows he can make the transition to the NHL, we might have 2 pairings. But that's probably next year. If Yzerman has a chance to add someone of Juulsen's potential and if Juulsen can stay healthy, there's no reason why Detroit wouldn't claim him. We have all the room in the world to take on that contract for the season.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
You still underestimate how terrible Detroit's D is...literally everyone except for Hronek (and maybe Lindstrom because he's still in the "prospect" phase) is replaceable. IF Lindstrom pans out and Seider shows he can make the transition to the NHL, we might have 2 pairings. But that's probably next year. If Yzerman has a chance to add someone of Juulsen's potential and if Juulsen can stay healthy, there's no reason why Detroit wouldn't claim him. We have all the room in the world to take on that contract for the season.

yeah, they are all mostly replaceable, but so is Juulsen. His potential? He was maybe a third pairing guy before his injuries.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Dekeyser hronek
Staal stecher
Nemeth merrill

Cholowski lindstrom

Highly doubt juulsen gets claimed by detroit

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Canucks. Myers and Hamonic have both had recent injury problems. He'd be good depth for the right side there. Hometown too.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Canucks. Myers and Hamonic have both had recent injury problems. He'd be good depth for the right side there. Hometown too.

Schmidt
Myers
Hamonic
Benn
Rafferty
Juolevi or Rathbone

Our right side is alright, even if all of them aren't right handed.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Third pair was highly likely with top 4 potential.

I had him and Beaulieu pegged as our top 6......but one got headaches and one was a headache.

Maybe the one causing the headaches was the problem for the guy getting the headaches .

Joking aside . I been thru this myself after 4 concussions. Got so bad I started taking seizures. I am lucky . I haven’t had a seizure in over 10 years but I lost about 3 or 4 years worth of memories. I also have migraines on a daily bases to this day . Trust me it wrecks your life . Sometimes I snap on people when the ask a simple question because my headaches are so bad I just can’t deal with anything.

I would pray for anyone suffering from migraines and wish them all the best . Hockey falls back to a distance 3rd on the list far behind health and family .

Reactions: HabsAddict

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I see him being claimed by a team with weak defense if true. But I also see the Winnipeg Jets potentially picking him up.

I did say Canucks earlier in this thread would be a very good fit for him as I still believe they would be.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Maybe the one causing the headaches was the problem for the guy getting the headaches .

Joking aside . I been thru this myself after 4 concussions. Got so bad I started taking seizures. I am lucky . I haven’t had a seizure in over 10 years but I lost about 3 or 4 years worth of memories. I also have migraines on a daily bases to this day . Trust me it wrecks your life . Sometimes I snap on people when the ask a simple question because my headaches are so bad I just can’t deal with anything.

I would pray for anyone suffering from migraines and wish them all the best . Hockey falls back to a distance 3rd on the list far behind health and family .

Mine had no basis. The only minor concussion was in my early teens.

Started in my late teens, accelerated through my 20's and 30's then subsided through 40's, gone by 50's. Now, I get a slight headache once or twice a year and ibuprofen wipes it out in 15 minutes.

It's one of those conditions that those who never experienced it don't understand the level of pain. It's literally "I wanna die" pain that you can't escape. No light, no noise and pray you fall asleep and it goes AWAY. No medicine or conditions mitigate it. They come on whenever and wherever they want.

How do you tell your boss that you are going home to sleep? Never mind that you actually have to drive home in a state that is not much different from drinking. I've actually shut down the lights in my office and gone to sleep at work. They don't understand how you are perfectly fine and 20 minutes later, you want to curl up in a body bag.

Anywho.....sharing war stories over the internet. I'm glad that Juulsen is over them and it's not just a front to extend his career. At least I hope not.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
I see him being claimed by a team with weak defense if true. But I also see the Winnipeg Jets potentially picking him up.

I did say Canucks earlier in this thread would be a very good fit for him as I still believe they would be.
We have a pretty average defense. Might as well keep him.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
What are you even talking about? You’re the first person to bring this up

Lol some of you can’t live if you can’t find something to be sensitive and whiney about

It’s a huge concern but by all means, gloss right over that

The guy I quoted was laughing that Juulsen use to be in trade proposals as a valuable piece and now we are talking about waiving him. I pointed out the reason is his career has been derailed by concussions and its not particularly funny. Not sure how any of that was hard to follow.

Do you see people laughing in the Nolan Patrick thread about how Philly hasn't gotten any production out of a 2nd overall pick? Why do you think that is?

Reactions: viceroy

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Hey guys,

Habs training camp opened up today. Juulsen skates among the Group B, AKA the AHL guys : Lines and D pairings: Jan. 4

Pretty sure they will try to bury him in Laval to play, but this year, he has to go through waivers. MB spoke as much in the JiC TV show, considering Juulsen was not a part of his regular defensemen.

This is something that worries me quite a bit because I am still very positive about this guy, he showed up lots of good stuff when he was healthy, and now he had quite some time to rest.

So just in order to either confirm my fears or make me debuzz from this anxiety, I wanna know if your team would claim him or not on the waivers and why yes or why not.

I think teams could think that taking this guy would steal somebody else's spot, but he is not expensive at all and can play at pro level for sure.

Let's enjoy this convo !
Florida claims him. He’d fill a need for them in that 6th-7th slot on the roster. He’s young and affordable. He doesn’t clear. He’s claimed. More than Florida would submit a claim.

Reactions: FedorTyutin

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I would hate to lose him for nothing to waivers, if Brook and Fleury didn't struggle in the AHL last year then it wouldn't be as concerning since as much as I am a big fan of Juulsen's defensive game at least at the AHL level, I had big concerns over his mobility. It does help that several of the Habs top LD prospects spend more time at RD though so it wouldn't be a major blow but I do think Juulsen can be a very solid 3rd pairing RD that excels on the PK and is very solid in his own end, plays physical, blocks shots, has a decent shot from the point.

At that was before the injury as we don't know if he will still be blocking shots on the reg or taking the body as much as who knows if it will be in the back of his mind when he plays or not

Reactions: FedorTyutin

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I feel like his chances of getting claim are about 30%. I don't see how Mete, Juulsen and Fleury are on the team next season anyway, all 6th/7th D, wouldn't be a big lost. Even if you trade Kulak, MTL has 5 others D that are already lock (Weber, Petry, Edmundson, Chiarot, Romanov). While his chance of becoming an NHL regular are decent, I don't think he could develop into something you really end up regretting if he gets claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad