Speculation: Noah Juulsen on waivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Roslovic Winnipeg chosen with 25 Th pick in 2015..... is sitting @ home IN Columbus.... and has to Quarantine 14 days @ least b4 he can play in Canada.... waiting on a contract or trade.

Juulson picked 26 in 2015 .... the very next pick. Winnipeg should claim Juulson for free and trade Rozlovic for draft assets

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
You guys do know that it's not free to pick a player off of waivers, right? The team needs to pay compensation and no one, no matter how little it is, will pay extra for anything right now.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He's 23, not that good and teams are already strapped for cash. Anybody who claims has to think he's an NHL calibre player and he's just not.

We can agree to disagree. I completely disagree with your assessment. I don't think there's any issue, at all, with his skillset. Before his injury, he was a very capable NHL defenseman at a young age with a ton of potential.

He's be sidetracked by a long term injury problem. The issue was never that he was "not that good." If he was healthy enough to pick up where he left off, he would unquestionably be an NHL calibre player and could be a great asset for a team like Ottawa or Detroit, who might be able to afford the time it takes of him to get back up to speed.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You will see a lot of decent guys placed on waivers. Yeah you’d probably lose him on waivers but at some point in the season you’d likely get a chance to claim someone as good also

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I think he will be taken by Detroit . A big strong young right shot defensive defenseman who can move the puck .

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Juulsen has migraines after his concussions..

had, he's headache free now,

Stu on Sports: Noah Juulsen is a feel-good story at Canadiens camp | Montreal Gazette

Now, Juulsen is headache-free and battling for a spot on the Canadiens’ roster for their first-round postseason series against the Pittsburgh Penguins, which will start on Aug. 1 in Toronto.

“I played the last game in Laval there and I’ve felt great since then,” Juulsen said during a video conference after the Canadiens practised Friday at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. “I’ve had no problems, no issues, no step backs, no nothing. So I’m happy the way everything’s gone and I hope it keeps going that way.

Well if its anything, was laughing about the fact that he was in the trade offers for good players and now is being waived. I'm surely not laughing at the concussions. That definitely sucks.

he only lost his spot on the NHL roster because of the injury and then it's after effects. If he didn't get hit in the face twice, he would likely have been our 3rd pairing RD all along.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Is he the new Bracco to be lumped into random trade proposals
Ummm, nobody is proposing that. Stop spewing garbage. We are saying he was a good young player before his injury. Personally, I hope he is not taken on waivers as he had some good promise and I still believe he will be a good NHL defensemen. Barring no more pucks to da' face.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I agree. It's alot like Sam Morin in Philly. The potential is there but these guys haven't proven they are NHL regulars yet.

Yeah. Morin is another interesting case too. Younger D with some promise and potential, but careers really derailed by injury. Nobody really knows exactly what either of them is at this point.

I don't think these type of players hold a lot of appeal to anyone around the league right off the hop. They just haven't proven enough/aren't a known enough commodity to insert into a Top-7 D for any teams, given the logistical difficulties if they can't hack it and have to be replaced. But as players start getting moved up/down as injuries occur in a weird condensed schedule, and covid happens, i could see players like this actually getting an interesting opportunity to be more "mobile" via waivers than they would in a more "normal" year where they'd probably clear once at the beginning and stay stashed in the AHL all season from there. This year, if/when they end up being drawn in to replace somebody, and manage to play well enough to show that promise, but not quite well enough to displace anyone else in the D-Corps...it could make them more attractive commodities when trying to shuffle them back down.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
They already have a 23 player roster + have several prospects that could potentially make it.

Brannstrom will probably not make their roster, so I dont see why they would claim Juulsen and play him in the nhl over Brannstrom.
Taxi Squad, but yes the Senators are in same kind of position with their blueliners

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I would think he would get picked up if ever put on waivers. from what I've seen, if healthy he is a better player then Mete

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He'll get waived and he'll clear, since he would have to stay on the claiming team's roster. I can't see anyone taking up a spot for him.

Agreed. Add that he has been dealing with serious injuries over the last two years. It's possible that one of the Kings, Sens, or Wings might claim him. They got the cap room but not sure about their depth issues in terms of who they would have to move out of the 23 man roster to fit Juulsen in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad