Speculation: Noah Juulsen on waivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Waived today, although I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes unclaimed.

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
This aged well
Yeah seeing posts like that made me want to ghost this thread because obviously those people didn't know wht they were talking about. Bergevin said countless times that Juulsen didn't count as a potential regular defenseman for the season to come. + in order to be placed in Laval, you had to waive him. 1+1...

Reactions: Theodore450

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Imho claiming a player which has barely seen ice in the past 2 years and forced to insert him in the roster seems pretty balsy. I do not believe he gets claimed but don't quote me if it happens.
:laugh:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
In a normal season, without the ED coming up and the pandemic thingy causing cap issues, I’d love to pick up Juulsen and give him a legit shot.... but as things stand this year.... not worth it.

Reactions: Theodore450

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I think he will get claimed by a bottom tier team. Huge injury concerns as he’s barely played in the past two seasons, but for rebuilding teams that a risk worth taking

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Don't see anyone taking him. Guy needs to be in the AHL. Last 2 years he's been battling a serious eye injury that caused a migraine disorder. His career was getting close to being over. Hasn't played a lot of games.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well if its anything, was laughing about the fact that he was in the trade offers for good players and now is being waived. I'm surely not laughing at the concussions. That definitely sucks.

His career was seriously derailed due to a serious eye injury & concussion. He ended up with a migraine disorder. He's lost 2 years because of it. His 1st season was pretty solid & he looked like a good prospect & could develop into a top 4 defensive RD. Then the eye injury / concussion happened.

There were rumours he was considering retirement last season. He may be one hit away from it.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
As a Habs fan, i hope he gets claimed and given a 2nd chance. But i suspect injuries have permanently impacted his future in the NHL. I just don't see a role on the Habs with too many players ahead of him on the depth chart.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Anaheim could possibly make a claim on Juulsen since the Ducks lost Djoos off waivers to Detroit.

The Devils might also have an interest in putting a claim in on goaltender Charlie Lindgren since New Jersey is in the market for a backup goalie.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
As a Habs fan, i hope he gets claimed and given a 2nd chance. But i suspect injuries have permanently impacted his future in the NHL. I just don't see a role on the Habs with too many players ahead of him on the depth chart.

Yeah. Looking at the Habs depth chart, seems like there's quite a bit of a logjam ahead of Juulsen there. So in that sense, it'd probably be beneficial for him to get a different shot with a new organization. But realistically, he's played so little hockey in the last couple years due to injuries, that stepping right into an NHL role isn't going to be great for him, and ending up as a "spare D" would be even less beneficial for him. He needs to play games, and the AHL is really the place to do that and re-find his game, and re-establish that he can still play. At some point though, if he does demonstrate that he's healthy and back on form, he's probably going to want to find his way to another organization sooner or later. But that's probably more of a concern for a ways down the line.

Reactions: MarkyMarkov

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
It would be foolish for another team not to take that risk. If he gets healthy he could become a good 2nd pairing D-man
If he doesn't A 700 thousand $ gamble for one season. I hope he doesn't get claimed .It's only 125.000 for us on his 2 way contract.

Image result for noah juulsen contract
The Montreal Canadiens signed defenceman Noah Juulsen to a one-year, two-way contract extension on Thursday. Juulsen will earn $700,000 in the NHL under the new deal and $125,000 in the AHL. The 23-year-old had three assists in 13 games with the Laval Rocket in the AHL this past season.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Annnnd he's officially on waivers. I can't wait for him not to be claimed and this thread to end. This guy is just not an NHL talent at this point in his career.
Obviously that's the case due to health but sometimes it's about opportunity.

Lots of Flyers fans hated when Aube-Kubel went on waivers last year while Mgt signed Chris freakin Stewart. A few posters who always side with Mgt said he was worthless because he cleared waivers. In the end, Stewart was garbage like most fans thought and NAK got his chance to play and posted 15 pts in 36 games mostly on the 4th line.

But for sure missing 2 years is tough for NJ....just like Flyers fans have seen with Morin and Patrick missing a year.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Anaheim could possibly make a claim on Juulsen since the Ducks lost Djoos off waivers to Detroit.

The Devils might also have an interest in putting a claim in on goaltender Charlie Lindgren since New Jersey is in the market for a backup goalie.

Why would anaheim claim Juulsen off waivers when they chose to waive Djoos?

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
I think he will get claimed by a bottom tier team. Huge injury concerns as he’s barely played in the past two seasons, but for rebuilding teams that a risk worth taking
Not much chance. He as not played much in any league and has injury history. Will play in AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad