Speculation: Noah Juulsen on waivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
Hey guys,

Habs training camp opened up today. Juulsen skates among the Group B, AKA the AHL guys : Lines and D pairings: Jan. 4

Pretty sure they will try to bury him in Laval to play, but this year, he has to go through waivers. MB spoke as much in the JiC TV show, considering Juulsen was not a part of his regular defensemen.

This is something that worries me quite a bit because I am still very positive about this guy, he showed up lots of good stuff when he was healthy, and now he had quite some time to rest.

So just in order to either confirm my fears or make me debuzz from this anxiety, I wanna know if your team would claim him or not on the waivers and why yes or why not.

I think teams could think that taking this guy would steal somebody else's spot, but he is not expensive at all and can play at pro level for sure.

Let's enjoy this convo !

Reactions: bernmeister

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
One of the lower teams will without a doubt pick him up if he gets waived.

Flames would not pick him up though as we are already deep with little cap room

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
If he does get waived not sure if he'll get picked up. There will be plenty of good 'fillers' on waivers this year

Reactions: Morrison

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Juulsen was vey good pre injury. No way we giving up early on him Unless we're forced to

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Probably not
Canadian teams dont have cap space or roster space, and if an american team were to pick him up, they would have to wait 2 weeks for Juulsen to quarantine.
Probably not worth the trouble when teams have pretty much fully healthy rosters

You don't think the Senators have room on their blue line for him?

Reactions: Morrison

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Hey guys,

Habs training camp opened up today. Juulsen skates among the Group B, AKA the AHL guys : Lines and D pairings: Jan. 4

Pretty sure they will try to bury him in Laval to play, but this year, he has to go through waivers. MB spoke as much in the JiC TV show, considering Juulsen was not a part of his regular defensemen.

This is something that worries me quite a bit because I am still very positive about this guy, he showed up lots of good stuff when he was healthy, and now he had quite some time to rest.

So just in order to either confirm my fears or make me debuzz from this anxiety, I wanna know if your team would claim him or not on the waivers and why yes or why not.

I think teams could think that taking this guy would steal somebody else's spot, but he is not expensive at all and can play at pro level for sure.

Let's enjoy this convo !
Juulsen won't be put on waivers .

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Teams are sure lining up to claim a guy who's played 37 games in 2 years and still isn't exactly sure to be able to play hockey long-term with the headache concerns. Then even if he comes back 100%, his ceiling is probably a #4 shutdown D.

Liked the pick at the time but his draft year was his peak. He never really improved since 2015 and I don't see why a team would waste a spot on a very long shot with little potential of high reward. Don't see a future for him outside of the AHL.

Reactions: Vachon23

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I doubt anyone will claim him. He wasn’t exactly anything special before all of his injuries

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
You don't think the Senators have room on their blue line for him?

They already have a 23 player roster + have several prospects that could potentially make it.

Brannstrom will probably not make their roster, so I dont see why they would claim Juulsen and play him in the nhl over Brannstrom.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I wish we could give him another chance. He didn't really have a "shot" or opportunity here.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I doubt he even gets picked up on waivers tbh. Maybe to be on a taxi squad but pretty much all teams already have that type of player on their AHL roster.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I assume the waiver wire might be less predatory this year as many teams are in the same boat and I wouldn't put any backdoor handshake agreements to not pickup players in situations like this past any of the old boys clubbers running these teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad